Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok everyone i hve a buddy who runs a dyno shop in lakewood. it is a superflow dyno and is one of the most accurate dynos out there.
who would want to get together maybe as a meet or something and dyno the cars. right now we need 5 cars for 350.00 but i am sure i can swing a better deal if we get more cars to go.
i want positive confirmations on who will go. none of this i will go, the last minute oh i can't go because... basically this wll be setup on the more cars wehave the better the deal. so if you don't show someone else is going to have to pick up the extra cost of you not bein there.

·
Registered
168 Posts
oh, oh, oh pick me pick me!!!! I will find a way, I am in!!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
That should be perfect because my Intense Stage 5 will be here tommorow!
YEA!! :)

·
Registered
249 Posts
speeking of dyno's. This is off subject a bit. But did the rest of you guys have performance issues yesterday? (sunday) with the 102 degree weather. Kinda of a "duhhh" qustion, but I really noticed it yesterday. Even with all the windows open doing 70 onthe interstate I was still sweating.

I wonder, does the weather effect the dyno. i.e. if it is hot out like yesterday, or if it cold, or raining etc?????

·
Registered
168 Posts
I did notice it was a little "blah" esp. with the A/C on. But then again, it was over 100* yesterday.

·
Registered
184 Posts
dipolley said:
speeking of dyno's. This is off subject a bit. But did the rest of you guys have performance issues yesterday? (sunday) with the 102 degree weather. Kinda of a "duhhh" qustion, but I really noticed it yesterday. Even with all the windows open doing 70 onthe interstate I was still sweating.

I wonder, does the weather effect the dyno. i.e. if it is hot out like yesterday, or if it cold, or raining etc?????

Not exactly that kind of weather. More less the humidity, because it is more dense than dry air. The less humidity the better she'll run. Which is why altitutde affects you 1/4 mile, mpg, psi, etc is because of pressure which comes from the high altitude. And that is the same pressure as humidity causes, by all of the extra molecules being forced into your engine.

·
Registered
249 Posts
BlackSS/SC06 said:
Not exactly that kind of weather. More less the humidity, because it is more dense than dry air. The less humidity the better she'll run. Which is why altitutde affects you 1/4 mile, mpg, psi, etc is because of pressure which comes from the high altitude. And that is the same pressure as humidity causes, by all of the extra molecules being forced into your engine.
Well that makes perfect sence. I'm sure if I would have thought more into it I would have come to that conclusion. But it is better to hear it from someone else.

And yeah the altitude does effect. I moved to Denver (600 feet) from Detroit (600). I lost alot of time on my 1/4 mile runs. And I'm not the best drag racer (my launches need work,(Thank you Ingall's engineering for help with that). I wish I would have gotten a dyno before I moved so I could have documentation on the differences.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah. I was hoping that made sense. But im definatley no expert.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would love to go...but I dont have a SC and I dont have any mods...no reason really to go..might be embarrassed

·
Registered
367 Posts
dipolley said:
Well IF i am able to go I want a baseline dyno. So that when I put the new pully on and my other mods I will have something to compare it too next time after the mods.
im going off gm's estimated of 147 horsepower. But we also are changing plugs each time so im hoping to see changes

·
Registered
147 Posts
Ok...just let me know...got some medical stuff comming up ...and my brother will be in town from Aug 19-27..might be fun to bring him...oh am planning on getting my Conceal and carry next month too LOL

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it will be a goodime sweet. you sould come and just hang out if you want.

·
Registered
91 Posts
if it works out, i'll probably just come to hang out and watch. i have no need to dyno anything except maybe my blazer with the diff. exhaust and smaller tires, but nobody wants to see a truck there, lol. besides, i already dyno'd it at dynopro so for comparison sake, i should probably do it there. there is going to be a rocky mountain club grand prix dyno at my friend's new shop in the springs coming up soon.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hey, Supersweet06ss. Havent met you yet, but im looking forward to it. Ive got a question. Have you run your car at bandi yet? My friend (white rice) doesn't believe that the SS/Na is faster than an 04 si. Just curious of your times if you have any.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts