Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Cobalt with the 2.2 Ecotech L61 engine in it. I'm looking to preferably get an engine that can be supercharged and have small to no fabrication needed. I also don't want a bunch of problems with the lovely ECM's these seem to have.

So my question is, what is a good engine to drop in it or should i rebuild my current engine?

If the second option, whats the best turbo/supercharger kit for the price? Looking for no more then $2500 turbo kit.

Extra Info:
E37 engine control module is in it. I hear it's less compatible then others. True?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If you're looking for an engine swap that's in that price range, the best bet would be an LSJ. It's already supercharged and you can make decent power off of. If your looking for power and ease, I would consider just buying a turbo kit from ZZP for your 2.2. You wouldn't need to take a bunch of time to do an engine swap and you would make decent power with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks this is alot of help to get me started I appretiate the feed back:) Working on putting my body kit on right now, and most likely going with an LSJ swap.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
I would just turbo your 2.2. You can build your motor for the cost of the lsj. And get a turbo kit for it. And make more power then a lsj. A lot of people are going to a 2.1 block. You already have a 2.2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts