Cobalts SS banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was reading in the manual something about an engine coolant heater and you have to plug it into a regular 110 watt outlet....some please explain what all this does, and where this plug mite be...and the advantages and if i should or shouldn't use it...thanx

·
Registered
232 Posts
Block Heater ?

Im assuming its talking about a block heater... Its just a heater element screwed into the block that you can plug in to warm your engine.. Really
only necassary in areas where it gets pretty darn cold ... I had one on my focus when i lived in michigan ... Now that i moved back to arizona they are pretty useless... Normally they are optional equipment... dont think they are standard... maybe im wrong about that...

·
Registered
162 Posts
yeah, sounds like a block heater is what you are looking for. If so equipped, you can plug your car into a 110v outlet (it will pull nowhere near 110 watts) and it keeps the oil/coolant warm for easier starts in extreme cold weather. GM's usual RPO for the block heater is K05, so check your sheet for K05, if it is not there, stop looking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts