Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im doing a little research for my friend and he has an 06 2.2 ecotec that is completely stock engine wise. He wants to do an exhaust and he thinks side exits are pretty sweet so thats what he's looking at, except on a budget. Hah what his plan is would be to just cut the exhaust and weld on a tip and that would be it so all of the pipes would be the same except it would be a little shorter and no muffler. I'm not sure if he should do it so i figured asking other people who have them would be the best idea. Sooo what do yall think? What direction should he go in? Thanks for the help in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Alright thanks for the reply man! Yeah I think it wouod be cool and all but would it sound good on his 2.2 with stock pipes just no muffler?

All opinions are welcome! Haha someone...anyone...please...:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No like he would still have everything be the same but the pipe would be cut where it bends to go towards the back left wheel and then a tip would be welded on so he would still have a cat and resonators (if it has those) but just the big muffler that used to be in the back would be gone and the exhaust would be coming out of the side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts