Cobalts SS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 398 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I’m kind of new to this whole Cobalt SS thing. I actually saw my first Cobalt SS’s ever this past weekend. It seems as though they are getting pretty popular in North Mississippi being this was the first day I have even seen one at all and I raced three of them that day.

The first one I raced had a stage 2 supercharger, upgraded injectors, and a 75hp shot of NOS. We raced on the interstate and I beat him pretty bad. The car was fast on top end, but didn’t get close to me in the ¼ mile.

The second one I raced was a stock Cobalt SS and we raced from around 50MPH up, and I was walking him pretty easy at ¾ throttle. Stopped and asked him if he wanted to race the ¼ from a dig and refused. He pointed me in the direction of the third one I raced that had the stage 3 supercharger.

The third one I raced had a stage 3 supercharger and I beat him even worse than the first one in the ¼.

Just wondering what these cars should be running in the ¼ since I know nothing about them. The drivers claimed they were beating Mustang GT’s, G35’s, WRX-STI’s, 350Z’s, and all kind of other cars.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tuner, exhaust, intake, fuel upgrades, NOS, etc...

Never flipped the arming switch for the NOS on any of the runs. Ran all 3 of them straight motor.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The first one and the last one were the two that I ran from the dig. I’d say both of them lost by at least 5+ car lengths. The second one I ran from rolling and never hit the throttle all the way down…wasn’t really racing him, just messing with him.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Tuner, exhaust, intake, fuel upgrades, NOS, etc...

Never flipped the arming switch for the NOS on any of the runs. Ran all 3 of them straight motor.
Nice, I guess over 400hp, 1/4 in the 12's? You've got on sweet ride.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honestly I thought with all the modifications on those cars they would have been a pretty good run. After all my truck has a 4” lift and 35” all-terrains on it. Not to mention it weighs in at almost 8k lbs.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Honestly I thought with all the modifications on those cars they would have been a pretty good run. After all my truck has a 4” lift and 35” all-terrains on it. Not to mention it weighs in at almost 8k lbs.
Well this is the fastest I've read about

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7413

Maybe you should try those guys out see if you fair equally. Of course one is an SRT. Then again you can always compare slips...

Sorry you didn't get the run you were expecting it looks like most street racing seems to be about the driver and not the car. My only street race was a 300zx na and I was pulling before he missed his shift. He has yet to bring his dodge truck for him to try again.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably be a descent run on the track I guess...still murder on the street though. Street racing is the real strong point of my truck.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Why dont you try one of those cobalts in something it was designed to do, like a road coarse and see what happens.
Shit. All I have to do is swerve one time and run there little asses over.

If you are the only one to finish the race you win right? :D

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Probably be a descent run on the track I guess...still murder on the street though. Street racing is the real strong point of my truck.
well assume your slow ass position in the food chain, and thats 10+ lengths behind a stock GTO.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stock GTO? You have to be kidding right? lol

I ran my buddies GTO after he got it...that thing was not impressive. Honestly they should have never gotten rid of the Trans AM. The GTO is a poor ass substitute for the Trans AM.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Stock GTO? You have to be kidding right? lol

I ran my buddies GTO after he got it...that thing was not impressive. Honestly they should have never gotten rid of the Trans AM. The GTO is a poor ass substitute for the Trans AM.

I don't give 2 shits about your buddy or some weak fuzzy video against a slug of a Mustang...

Bow your head!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't give 2 shits about your buddy or some weak fuzzy video against a slug of a Mustang...

Bow your head!
Bow my head to a car that was built out of left over parts and was supposed to replace one of the best muscle cars the USA ever made, but fell flat on it's face and can't hold a candle to it...I think not. :cool:

Maybe I should give you a 5 car lead off the line. That way as soon as you get the throttle depressed to the floor it will be just about the time you get to watch me blow by...

GTO...LMFAO!!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I dont know about the whole "eating the cobalt up" deal, even the stage 3 one.... Im calling BS on this thread, only because I have run an F250 6.0 Turbo diesel, (yes the 6.0), they are claimed to be faster than the 7.3 and left him. Now mind you I was stock at the time and he had a tune, and bigger tires. The only way the truck would even get close is from a dig, and then the truck wins over from the massive torque to pull the pig out of the hole.

·
Registered
784 Posts

Well thats something to be proud of:rolleyes: Either way a lil S2 balt and a 2.9 pulley with slicks is a good mid 13 car not to mention around 2500 worth the mods . And with all your mods that around 5000. So unless you always haul shit why try to make 8000lb truck go fast? Im curious.

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
Bow my head to a car that was built out of left over parts and was supposed to replace one of the best muscle cars the USA ever made, but fell flat on it's face and can't hold a candle to it...I think not. :cool:

Maybe I should give you a 5 car lead off the line. That way as soon as you get the throttle depressed to the floor it will be just about the time you get to watch me blow by...

GTO...LMFAO!!
Stick to hauling hay and pig slop.

If you give me a 5 car lead, then I win by 15+...

GTO's can't lose, you'll learn that soon...

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am calling bs on the BIG Truck. With a tuner those things would be lucky to run 14.5 at 98mph. And your claiming to have taken a stage 3 cobalt that should most certainly be in the 13s. But maybe your lightwieght aero dynamic speed machine can take a lifted, 8k lbs, 35" tire cobalt ss. Oh wait I think like you I am confused about which car is faster. DA

·
Registered
42 Posts
oh yea GTO's only run 13s stock you could probibly take a modded one pretty easily in your 1/4 mile machine. get a clue dude.

1 - 20 of 398 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.