Cobalts SS banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

F-250 vs. 3 Cobalt SS's

50K views 397 replies 37 participants last post by  joedashow 
#1 ·
Hey, I’m kind of new to this whole Cobalt SS thing. I actually saw my first Cobalt SS’s ever this past weekend. It seems as though they are getting pretty popular in North Mississippi being this was the first day I have even seen one at all and I raced three of them that day.

The first one I raced had a stage 2 supercharger, upgraded injectors, and a 75hp shot of NOS. We raced on the interstate and I beat him pretty bad. The car was fast on top end, but didn’t get close to me in the ¼ mile.

The second one I raced was a stock Cobalt SS and we raced from around 50MPH up, and I was walking him pretty easy at ¾ throttle. Stopped and asked him if he wanted to race the ¼ from a dig and refused. He pointed me in the direction of the third one I raced that had the stage 3 supercharger.

The third one I raced had a stage 3 supercharger and I beat him even worse than the first one in the ¼.

Just wondering what these cars should be running in the ¼ since I know nothing about them. The drivers claimed they were beating Mustang GT’s, G35’s, WRX-STI’s, 350Z’s, and all kind of other cars.

See less See more
#3 ·
Tuner, exhaust, intake, fuel upgrades, NOS, etc...

Never flipped the arming switch for the NOS on any of the runs. Ran all 3 of them straight motor.

#4 ·
The first one and the last one were the two that I ran from the dig. I’d say both of them lost by at least 5+ car lengths. The second one I ran from rolling and never hit the throttle all the way down…wasn’t really racing him, just messing with him.

#6 ·
Honestly I thought with all the modifications on those cars they would have been a pretty good run. After all my truck has a 4” lift and 35” all-terrains on it. Not to mention it weighs in at almost 8k lbs.

#7 ·
Well this is the fastest I've read about

http://www.cobaltss.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7413

Maybe you should try those guys out see if you fair equally. Of course one is an SRT. Then again you can always compare slips...

Sorry you didn't get the run you were expecting it looks like most street racing seems to be about the driver and not the car. My only street race was a 300zx na and I was pulling before he missed his shift. He has yet to bring his dodge truck for him to try again.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
Shit. All I have to do is swerve one time and run there little asses over.

If you are the only one to finish the race you win right? :D

#8 ·
Probably be a descent run on the track I guess...still murder on the street though. Street racing is the real strong point of my truck.

#11 ·
Stock GTO? You have to be kidding right? lol

I ran my buddies GTO after he got it...that thing was not impressive. Honestly they should have never gotten rid of the Trans AM. The GTO is a poor ass substitute for the Trans AM.

#15 ·
I dont know about the whole "eating the cobalt up" deal, even the stage 3 one.... Im calling BS on this thread, only because I have run an F250 6.0 Turbo diesel, (yes the 6.0), they are claimed to be faster than the 7.3 and left him. Now mind you I was stock at the time and he had a tune, and bigger tires. The only way the truck would even get close is from a dig, and then the truck wins over from the massive torque to pull the pig out of the hole.

#19 ·
I am calling bs on the BIG Truck. With a tuner those things would be lucky to run 14.5 at 98mph. And your claiming to have taken a stage 3 cobalt that should most certainly be in the 13s. But maybe your lightwieght aero dynamic speed machine can take a lifted, 8k lbs, 35" tire cobalt ss. Oh wait I think like you I am confused about which car is faster. DA

#24 ·
Actually if you would have read the entire thread this 8k #, 35” tire machine took out:

Cobalt SS w/h: stage 2 kit, 75hp NOS, injector upgrades, etc.

Then later took out a stage 3 Cobalt.

As far as your 13 second runs…ole PSD was putting up low 13’s with just the tuner and exhaust. That’s without the fuel upgrades or NOS.

#20 ·
oh yea GTO's only run 13s stock you could probibly take a modded one pretty easily in your 1/4 mile machine. get a clue dude.

#21 ·
"2005 was the replacement of the LS1 engine with the LS2 engine. This increased power and torque in the GTO to 400 hp (298 kW) with 400 ft-lbf (542 N·m) torque. With this engine package, Pontiac claimed the car capable of 0 to 60 in 4.6 sec. and 13.0 sec. at 109 in the quarter-mile"

#22 ·
Oh boy another stupid thread. An f-250 makes 350HP stock. A tune might net you another 150 hp. depending on brand. (bullydog, predator, etc.) You mention fuel mods, what ever. Now an average F-250 weighs in at about 8000 pounds. A mustang shelby GT500 weights about half of that and can usally manage a high 12 or low 13 with it's 500hp. You need at least another 275 HP just to keep up with the shelby. So if you'd be kind enough to explain how you destroyed a mid 13 second Cobalt with just a tune and some fuel upgrades i'd love to hear it but before you get silly and start making shit up, i'll let you know up front. I also own a f-250 diesel and know all about propane injection and bullydog tuners and I seriousally doubt your making 800 HP on the motor.

#23 ·
LOL…

If you know about BullyDog and propane you know SHIT about a 6.0L PSD. No offense…I know there are a lot of “ignorant” people out there when it comes to diesels…even most of the ones that own them are ignorant.

Bully Dog will only destroy a 6.0L PSD. It does not agree with the transmission at all, and not to mention it’s nowhere near the strongest system out there for a 6.0L PSD. The Bully Dog basically tries to trick the motor and transmission into thinking it’s something it’s not, but it does allow you to switch on the fly, and some people like that…until the transmission blows up that is.

If you are going to go aftermarket tuners there is one choice for a 6.0L PSD, and only one choice if you want to go fast and have some sense of reliability left, and that’s SCT. The SCT removes all the stock programming from the PCM and replaces it with completely new files. Most people as myself run custom tunes that are designed specifically for what we are doing. The tuner can change any and every value in the vehicle as they please.

I’ll put it to you this way…the best I have seen out of Bully Dog, Banks, Edge, etc…is mid to high 14’s in the ¼ mile. Mainly because they are running generic programming that does not replace the stock PCM programming, but rather they are tricking it into thinking it’s something it’s not. Most of them will normally slip the transmission set on the higher levels pretty easy. With SCT custom tuning it’s not a problem at all to slap in the tuner and run mid and low 13’s with no other modifications. Just search around…there are PLENTY of 6.0L PSD’s that run mid 13’s with nothing more than a tuner and exhaust…that’s adding no fuel upgrades, nitrous, or anything else.

Now if you think propane works on a 6.0L you’re wrong there too. The only reason I would ever put propane on a diesel is if I were starving for fuel…that’s one reason it gave big gains on the 7.3L…the 7.3L starved for fuel on anything over stock. The 6.0L is not starving for fuel even tuned out, so you will see gains of almost nothing as far as power from adding propane. If you are going to add anything to a 6.0L it should be nitrous because they love the shit.

I am not claiming 800HP on my motor at all. Never said that. Your GTO’s might pull 12’s at 500HP, but they aren’t pushing 900ft./lbs. torque either…

#25 ·
Hey, if ya’ll aren’t comfortable being outran by a big ole pick-up truck though I could always pull out the wife’s car…just a slow ass Lincoln LS with a few “minor” modifications. Just enough to “squeak” out a victory over a “badass” Cobalt…LMFAO!

#29 ·
^^ Wow your realy trying to make friends arent you? None of us said our cars were badass but your claiming and you killed an S2 balt w/ spray hahahahahaha quit dreaming.

#27 ·
Since someone said something about the Mustang…here are some pictures from the day after we raced.

#30 ·
I don't have a problem with anyone making anything faster, hell I love that. But everyone seams to forget you can make anything fast if you throw enough money at it! What I have a problem with is someone being brand new to a forum comes in acting like they cant be beat And talking shit on Cobalt's. I drive a car that will do high 11's. Littles car should be good for 10's with a good driver. An f-250 isn't going to outrun everything on this forum. If you want to talk about cars welcome to the forum, If your hear to break The cobalt drivers balls or to tell everyone your internet dick is bigger than theirs. Why bother??? Don't they have a forum for guys that are actually into diesel trucks???

#31 ·
Ditto and its called TDR if im not mistaken. But coming on here all high and mighty is not the way to go. But i guess thats the way you people are, every person that i have talked to that has a modded diesel thinks thier truck is god and can outrun anything on the street. Not saying you are like that but your leaning that way.

#33 ·
Hey, I didn’t come here with the intention of busting anyone’s balls. I come on here and make a post or two basically wondering what those cars should run because whether people on this forum like it or believe it I did race these cars and did destroy them in the ¼ mile.

Before I even get a straight answer to my question, which I still don’t have, I get my balls busted and called a ******* and all this bullshit. I’m not the one who started it, but I will be the one who’s more than happy to line up with anyone.

My offer still stands…if anyone with a Cobalt wants to come and run I’d be more than happy to do it. I’ve seen what a stage 2 and stage 3 kit can do…no problem to show off a little again.

#34 · (Edited)
To have that hot of a tune you must have an upgraded pump. Plus I want to see a time slip then I'll believe you that you beat an S2 balt w/ spray. And for the record we are not ricer guys our cars are made in the USA and we dont put NOS stickers on our back glass. We can easily put dont numbers in the low13's easy especially at sea level down in Miss. And also there is only a 3hp jump from S2 to S3. So the S2w/ spray was faster.

#46 ·
I don’t think you are understand how a diesel is making it down the track…

There are two things that get you down the track…horsepower and torque. My diesel isn’t making any kind of outrageous horsepower numbers…I’ll be the first one to admit it. Then again I’m not lacking at all on the other thing that gets you down the track, which is torque. Do you even know what 900ft./lbs. will do? It makes up for a lot.

As far as the S2 being faster than the S3…I don’t deny that one bit. I actually know that. When I ran the S2 I left him hard off the line and pulled him big time. I probably took him 4+ cars getting up to 40MPH…hell, there’s the 1/8th mile right there. When we hit the top end though he was pulling on me, and I admit that. I knew the car had something, but didn’t know what. When we pulled over and I talked to the guy he showed me.

When I ran the guy with the S3 he didn’t pull me at all…I took him real bad on the takeoff just like the S2 and then after that it was a stalemate with neither one of us pulling on the other until the ¼ mile ran out.

So there you go…the S2 was pulling on me on top end, while the S3 was not. I know the NOS made a huge difference in that car. I never recall saying the S3 was faster by the way.

#36 ·
Hey , Let me know if you ever get around the western NY area. I dont usually waste my gas on trucks but i will make an exception in your case.

#37 ·
Man, you are a smug son of a bitch, aren't you?

Doesn't matter if you beat a cobalt or not, because the bottom line is this:

At the end of the day, you will still be a corn fed, bucked toothed, inbreed, deer huntin, tobacco chewin, Dukes of Hazzard lovin *******. Having a fast truck won't change that.

I hope that didn't offend you, so please take solace in the fact that I did buy a John Deere mower, and I do like it reasonably well.

Hope Dale Ernhardt Jr. does well for you on the circuit this year!

#38 ·
Dude thats hilarious I noticed he was from texas so i guess even egos are bigger in texas.

#42 ·
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahah ahhahhahahahahahah ahahahahahahah ahahaha aaa ahhahahaha ahhahah it hurts ............make it stop.........hahahahahah....... ok............. maybe its not that funny but still that was a pretty good one.

#45 ·
Dear O.P. (thats you HD 250 you chicken screwing nutsack smelling cow sodomizing poor excuse for a man.)

I can totally picture you truck in my head. It has those balls hanging down from the back of the truck doesn't it...doesn't it....yah come on, you can tell me, you love the look of a nice pair of balls don't you. After all, nothing like hanging out with a bunch of other guys in really tight jeans swapping bull seaman harvesting stories. You freaking idiot. What makes you think you can come uninvited onto a rather friendly forum and start spewing idiocy. Not to mention you called out two of the fastest cars on this forum in Beast and LilMT. I would put my money on those two anyday to outrun your almighty diesel monster truck. So why don't you pack up your plastic balls, go back to bailing hay, and leave us in peace.

Suck IT!
Dub

#47 ·
As a matter of fact I said it right off the bat that the S2 was faster...

The third one I raced had a stage 3 supercharger and I beat him even worse than the first one in the ¼.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.