Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so here is the problem. The Bolts on the gm stage two pulley are stripped. Not to mention that the bolts are obviously over tourqed. Thanks to who ever owned the car before me. So now wtf do I do. Would one of those damaged screw removers work? And what is the best way to get new bolts for it? Please help me with this one guys. I am starting to get frustrated.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Take it from me, I have already had the experience of removing those fuckers......
Buy a good set of vise grips with good teeth on the end of the jaws. Clamp that mother down so hard you have to use a set of channel-locks to clamp it, then turn them right out! Thats it!

Then, buy some alle-head machine screws from Lowes or Home Depot or whatever. I think the size is M8x 1.0 x 15mm. I had to get the 16mm lenght and file it down a bit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pain in the ass. Had to take off the supercharger, drill into the bolts and then use a bolt extractor bit from auto zone. 4 hours just to change the f#Cking pulley. what a joke. Thanks GM For the modular pulley system you MF ers. It would have been easier to use a puller. Owell it is done now. car runs great! Guess I can't complain.

·
Registered
93 Posts
glad it worked out for you man - i was gonna say, definitely use a bolt remover/extractor. i was hoping it was the bolt, and not the housing, for your sake.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Good to hear you got it out. But if you didn't you could have welded a nut onto the bolt
Not enough room and he would have had to TIG weld it, the bolts are aluminum I think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts