Cobalts SS banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the Chevy dealer, decided I'd waited long enough to see one of these suckers up close. Salesman asked if I was trading in my Saturn for one of these new supercharged cars! :rolleyes: I held off being a smart-ass for once, he was nice enough to let me pop the hood, and get in, and all that crap.

I must say, very nice. I like the inside much better than the Redline, although not the center console/dash. Too shiny for me. The rest of it looks tight.

Wing is a little different than ours, although VERY close. Not sure why they used the two different designs for almost the same look. The trunks must be different enough.

Mmmm... stock hood strut! I had to pay for mine, but I got two biaaaatch! ;)

Love the stock boost gauge, but not not the location of it. Of course, I was looking at it without thinking that your dashs are in front of the driver. That messed me up as well! Took me a second to figure out why the center of the dash looked so empty and open!

Real nice cars. Better inside and overall fit and finish than the Redlines, but the sticker seems to reflect it too... :( I told the guy I waited about a month or so for the SS, but got sick of waiting.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I saw one for the first time last week as well. Red. Agree with you about the dash, and the location of the boost gauge. Oh well........
I didn't care for the seats, but I ordered the G85 with Recaro option.
I also don't like the wing.....but maybe it will grow on me.....or I'll somehow get younger by 25 years....ha!
The fit and finish looked good.
Anyway, looks like my Arrival blue one will "arrive" in a couple of weeks. I paid $22K.
Looking forward to the GM upgrades....and maybe a few of my own after a year or so.
I have to figure out what to do with one of my 442's now.
Ron

·
Registered
145 Posts
indeed... a fine looking/performing car for the price... i have to wait at least 9 months to get one =(... if that is still what i want in 9 months =p

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a chance to drive both back to back on a local road course. And was impressed a lot more with the SS interior compared to that of the RL. I guess I'm also just not a big fan of the center mounted gauges. Interior aside though I felt the RL had a more sportier feel when cruisin around the course. But overall I like both cars. Not completely sure which route I'd go if I were lookin at both.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one I was in had the Recaros... I forget that they're an option for you guys. We get 'em standard... but I had to pay for my boost gauge. Any of you guys see the Saturn boost gauge/ladder tach? Man it's cool. Plus, I have a few gauges, the ones I use to race, right where the normal gauges would go. It does suck to look over at the tach, they needed to put that sucker on the left side of the console. If it were there, I'd argue that the center mounted are no worse or better than the regular style. However, the tach placement sucks!

If you were in my position, at the same time, you'd go for the Satty. It was all based on patience, and I paid $19k with tax, tag, title, and financing fees! I talked to a few people that had already been waiting, and the Chevy guy let me know that it would be a few months before the first ones were delivered. (Cobats that is) The one I was looking at in the showroom was the only one they even had. They had just gotten one in the day before, and it wasn't even prepped for the lot yet. Never owned anything but Chevy untill I got a Saturn a few years ago. Since they're the same car, the decision was pretty easy! :)

I like the wing, cause it makes sure people know 'that's the fast one'... personal preference!

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah I sorta like the wing as well but I'll prolly swap mine for a lip spoiler to keep people from knowin "thats the fast one" LOL!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do like the small one on there as well. From a purely asthetic point of view, I think I like it better. From the 'Its a new sport compact from GM, lets make a splash', point of view, I like the big one better.

On the Ion, I don't care for the little spoiler at all. Most of the Redlines I've seen (3-4), have the low one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked out the Cobalt SS S/C and the RL. I ended up with the RL. The center gauges were weird, but during the test drive it was almost natural to look over there so I was hooked on those (except the tach) and the third/fourth doors on the RL were a must. I did like the big rims and the interior overall of the cobalt, but the price eventually took me away from the car. So getting two more doors and the same performance numbers for a cheaper price turned me to the RL. That and the love of my first saturn, RIP, lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts