Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i am at a stoplight on 231 this morning @ like 3:00 am when this STI prick pulls up next to me. He's talking about how fast his car is so I told him I would run him on green. He started laughing and offered me a head start. I declined and offered him one just to be an ass. lol. Well, the light hits green and I pull some on him in 1st gear. 2nd gear we stay the same and in 3rd gear I put like 3 cars on him. I beat him by about 3.5 cars when we shut down at about 90. These cars are way slower than everyone talks about. I don't even know why someone would want one of these ugly things. They talk shit and pull up next to you as if they think it would be a competition (when they know it shouldn't be). Then you spank them and they get mad and turn on their brights. I think its funny. I hope all STI guys aren't this stupid. Interferring with cobalts and getting upset when they make asses of themselves. hahahaha.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Are you for real??
You should try not to sterio type ever sti driver just because the one you came across was an asshole, Some of us are ok.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Are you for real??
You should try not to sterio type ever sti driver just because the one you came across was an asshole, Some of us are ok.
True, but wasey and guys like that guy, give you all a bad name.

·
Registered
31 Posts
True, but wasey and guys like that guy, give you all a bad name.

That may be true, but i'm only speaking for myself. I really dont think that the sti made that guy an asshat, he was probably one long before he got the suby. :)

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I have to say it had to be a bad driver... Those things launch hard being awd. Im talking 1.9 60 footers on just a WRX. (I have proof)

·
Registered
224 Posts
...so...those subarus are more than a second faster in the quarter...(probably not on average)

what extra curricular parts does your package include?

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
...so...those subarus are more than a second faster in the quarter...(probably not on average)

what extra curricular parts does your package include?
are you concerning me?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have to say it had to be a bad driver... Those things launch hard being awd. Im talking 1.9 60 footers on just a WRX. (I have proof)
They are pretty quick out of the hole, the couple times i went to the track
i was getting 1.71's to 1.72's 60 foot . And that was with crappy street tires. Also those 60 foot times were before my mods were on the car.
Now with the launch control and flat shifting i should see some pretty good
times.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
guy was def. a bad driver. No way my car should ever beat an sti off of a line, yet I jumped on him almost immediately. I have an 06 G85 w/ stage 2 and intake. I also feathered out the clutch from 3k rpm, I didn't just drop it. He walked it off the line. yea, don't buy that type of car if you can't drive it.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
guy was def. a bad driver. No way my car should ever beat an sti off of a line, yet I jumped on him almost immediately. I have an 06 G85 w/ stage 2 and intake. I also feathered out the clutch from 3k rpm, I didn't just drop it. He walked it off the line. yea, don't buy that type of car if you can't drive it.
Don't feel too bad for the STi owner. When I first bought my car a year ago I got challenged by an STi and bogged my launch. Just sat there spinning through first and into second (it was about 20* outside too) then got some traction and started rolling. Everybody said that I was pulling up to him, but the race was pretty much over. Everybody also says he can't drive his car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
AWD is completely overrated, until winter and then no one wants to race. If I had to go back and do it all over again, I would be driven a sentra spec-V those things are way better than a WRX, just ask Car and Driver.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I'd rate a car as the better one too if I was paid the most.
So True! Although it is Subarus fault they really haven't changed anything about the car to make it better since 01-02, its just that all the other manufacturers are catching up and surpassing what once was inovative (to a degree). They added .5 liters and disign differences in 06-07, but that is about it, everything else on the car remains pretty much the same as 02.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Subaru makes a couple of sweet cars over in japan land , but they won't
ever bring them state side. For example the spec c / and spec c ra-r.
Mitsu does the same thing with the FQ line. We get the shaft when it
comes to the good stuff.

·
Registered
31 Posts
yeah...we're stuck with LS1's and5.0's..........

hate being american:rolleyes:
Oh that would be great if either of those cars did it for me.

1 - 20 of 151 Posts