Cobalts SS banner
101 - 120 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
772 Posts
This = REAL street racing

BlueBeast you are thinking of hey look at that ricer he just revved, let me down shift and match speeds on any street in America. <--- this is not street racing, this is being an idiot with low self esteem.
And in the really real world which type of race are you going to see more of?

·
The HepKitty
1,329 Posts
I think we already covered this on page 9 but It's just plain stupid to challange someone to a race when they live 1200 miles away! You know this will never happen so why bother saying it? If you look at my user name in the left hand corner of each post I make it tells you i'm located in jersey. That would be New Jersey incase you were confused.

<-----See where it says Jersey?
I wanna go up there and see you!

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
From what I could make out *shitty vid by the way, can't read the 1/4 time that well nor the trap speed, and only of the cobalt side* the STI had a shitty launch, was probably stock and the driver new to his/her car or new to drag racing at the track or both.

What's your point?

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
I'm surprised this thread hasn't been shut down.......it's still great entertainment! :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
Honestly down here there is only one kind of race. Even guys that mess around on the highway will end up stopping and going at it from a dig. The ONLY people that I have ever met that go from a rolling start are the ******** up in North Mississippi.

Truth is when someone tells me they don’t want to run from a dig, I know why. It’s because they are scared too because they probably can’t drive worth a shit. Keep on going rolling start if that’s the way they do it in Jersey, but that isn’t a race.

By the way, I didn’t even know they had speed limits over 30MPH in Jersey…

Secondly if I live in Jersey a Cobalt would be the last car I would want. I’m sure muggers look at you and say “man, this dude’s riding in a Cobalt…this is gonna be easy”.

Then again…I would probably look at the guy riding in the Cobalt and say “this dude ain’t got shit for money…let’s go find someone that’s worth mugging”. Maybe it works to you advantage…I guess.

·
Registered
369 Posts
From what I could make out *shitty vid by the way, can't read the 1/4 time that well nor the trap speed, and only of the cobalt side* the STI had a shitty launch, was probably stock and the driver new to his/her car or new to drag racing at the track or both.

What's your point?
The side of the video said the STI went 12.5. Put a spankin' on the Cobalt.

No point to the video, just thought I would share. :D

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
The side of the video said the STI went 12.5. Put a spankin' on the Cobalt.

No point to the video, just thought I would share. :D
How can you tell? I need to get my glasses or is it right before the zoom in?

If the guy grabbed a 12.5 what was his trap speed? Must have been HUGE since it looked like the 'balt got off the line a little better....again maybe my depth perceptions suxs....I do have new eye wear on order *true story it feels like I'm going blind! :eek:

·
Registered
369 Posts
this was my first ever run in the cobalt ss, im still bone stock sept for air filter . sti ran 12.6 @113 btw

r/t .132
60' 2.353
330 6.449
1/8 9.705
mph 74.72
1000 12.527
1/4 14.880
mph 96.40 (more)
That's what it said on the side of the video.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Honestly down here there is only one kind of race. Even guys that mess around on the highway will end up stopping and going at it from a dig. The ONLY people that I have ever met that go from a rolling start are the ******** up in North Mississippi.

Truth is when someone tells me they don’t want to run from a dig, I know why. It’s because they are scared too because they probably can’t drive worth a shit. Keep on going rolling start if that’s the way they do it in Jersey, but that isn’t a race.

By the way, I didn’t even know they had speed limits over 30MPH in Jersey…

Secondly if I live in Jersey a Cobalt would be the last car I would want. I’m sure muggers look at you and say “man, this dude’s riding in a Cobalt…this is gonna be easy”.

Then again…I would probably look at the guy riding in the Cobalt and say “this dude ain’t got shit for money…let’s go find someone that’s worth mugging”. Maybe it works to you advantage…I guess.

Wow your one arrogant bastard, oh im sorry im a student and thats all I can afford. And did you choke on a piece of cornbread when you was little and cause a lack of oxygen or something, or does ignorance just come that easy to you?

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Due to all the ricers, roll racing has gained A LOT of popularity. I ONLY RACE FROM A DIG and know tons of people that are the same. I avoid idiots that roll race. Plus roll racing is more dangerous and just lame.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Due to all the ricers, roll racing has gained A LOT of popularity. I ONLY RACE FROM A DIG and know tons of people that are the same. I avoid idiots that roll race. Plus roll racing is more dangerous and just lame.
Any racing in an uncontrolled enviroment either form a dig or a roll is not safe.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Wow your one arrogant bastard, oh im sorry im a student and thats all I can afford. And did you choke on a piece of cornbread when you was little and cause a lack of oxygen or something, or does ignorance just come that easy to you?
Well, I've always said I'd choose being a smartass over being a dumbass anyday. That's just me though.

Hey, if that's all you can afford I can understand that. Two of my cousins are actually full time students (they are younger than me), and they NEVER have money. Both of them have real nice bicycles though. :cool:

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well, I've always said I'd choose being a smartass over being a dumbass anyday. That's just me though.

Hey, if that's all you can afford I can understand that. Two of my cousins are actually full time students (they are younger than me), and they NEVER have money. Both of them have real nice bicycles though. :cool:

Well maybe if you went to college and got an education you wouldnt be so damn narrow minded and ignorant.

·
Registered
13 Posts
to be honest, there are a lot of people that have STi's that make the REAL STi owners look bad. i've seen too many teenagers acting like they are shit with their STi's right when they get their license and they make the car look bad because they can't drive it. i have alot of respect for STi's and i think they are amazing cars. i've wanted one for quite some time.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Well for the first time in 3 months I agree with you. Roll races are lame. I don't know of any statistics that back up your claim that roll racing has caused any more injuries or deaths than races that started from a dead stop on public streets. But im sure you'd have to agree that the safest place to race is at a track. Racing is inhearantly dangerous by nature. But your odds of getting seriousally injured at a race track with all safety precautions like wearing a helmet, have to be alot lower than on a public street where theres always the posibility of a 3rd party being involved. I.E. the minivan full of kids driven by a soccer mom on her cell phone.

·
Registered
772 Posts
HD, I don't drive a cobalt. Your amazing powers of observation are utterly mind boggling. Do you see the bottom of my post on every page where it says 2004 SRT-4 stage 3r turbo yada yada yada???? You can't really be that stupid that you never noticed it! Your in some kind of dream world and your not paying attention to the world around you. It's no wonder you seam to be forming a bond with wasey.:rolleyes: Now try to look to the tread right above and it will tell you all about the car I drive and mods it has so far! JEEZUS your like a child.

·
Registered
369 Posts
HD, I don't drive a cobalt. Your amazing powers of observation are utterly mind boggling. Do you see the bottom of my post on every page where it says 2004 SRT-4 stage 3r turbo yada yada yada???? You can't really be that stupid that you never noticed it! Your in some kind of dream world and your not paying attention to the world around you. It's no wonder you seam to be forming a bond with wasey.:rolleyes: Now try to look to the tread right above and it will tell you all about the car I drive and mods it has so far! JEEZUS your like a child.
Sorry dude, didn't read your sig. Didn't need to waste my time...all I needed to know is what you run...SRT-4, Cobalt, or anything else...at your weight, you're a turd. :D

101 - 120 of 152 Posts