Cobalts SS banner
121 - 140 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well for the first time in 3 months I agree with you. Roll races are lame. I don't know of any statistics that back up your claim that roll racing has caused any more injuries or deaths than races that started from a dead stop on public streets. But im sure you'd have to agree that the safest place to race is at a track. Racing is inhearantly dangerous by nature. But your odds of getting seriousally injured at a race track with all safety precautions like wearing a helmet, have to be alot lower than on a public street where theres always the posibility of a 3rd party being involved. I.E. the minivan full of kids driven by a soccer mom on her cell phone.
Great Post

·
Registered
405 Posts
Main thing is finding a safe place to street race. Us personally…we use this highway where there is an open, straight stretch between two towns. It’s a 4 lane and there is nothing there except swamp on both sides of the road. You can see someone coming from up to probably several miles behind you can see several miles in front of you. We just go out there at night when there is no traffic.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
ANY RACING IS NOT SAFE!

But like I said racing from a roll is a lot less safe than from a dig.
WORD! :cool:

Racing is something that I would relate to riding a motorcycle on public roads...*no they're not the same, but hear me out here on my concept*

You must have courage to do it *or be oblivious to the fact that is dangererous* keep your head about you at all times, and preferably receive some formal training. The training being necessary for cutting down the percentage of accidents, fatal or otherwise.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Sorry dude, didn't read your sig. Didn't need to waste my time...all I needed to know is what you run...SRT-4, Cobalt, or anything else...at your weight, you're a turd. :D
Well until You show me a slip proving you can beat me your just another guy running your mouth. You say your trap a little over 100 MPH but you'd have to run mid 11's to bet me. The numbers don't ad up. I'm done trying to talk sense to a guy living in a dream world.

·
Registered
803 Posts
WORD! :cool:

Racing is something that I would relate to riding a motorcycle on public roads...*no they're not the same, but hear me out here on my concept*

You must have courage to do it *or be oblivious to the fact that is dangererous* keep your head about you at all times, and preferably receive some formal training. The training being necessary for cutting down the percentage of accidents, fatal or otherwise.
The problem with what you say is the majority of street races are not planned and they usally involve inexperienced drivers. Half the time the kid in the honda wants to race thru traffic.:eek: Using the motorcycle analogy. When I first started riding I hit the ground a few times til I got experienced at riding a motorcycle. Now I can cruze around all day on my harley with no worries that i'll make a mistake. Still gotta look out for the other guys that are just dieing to make a mistake in front of you.:cool:

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
The problem with what you say is the majority of street races are not planned and they usally involve inexperienced drivers. Half the time the kid in the honda wants to race thru traffic.:eek: Using the motorcycle analogy. When I first started riding I hit the ground a few times til I got experienced at riding a motorcycle. Now I can cruze around all day on my harley with no worries that i'll make a mistake. Still gotta look out for the other guys that are just dieing to make a mistake in front of you.:cool:
With the whole proper training piece that is hitting more towards the track racing. Street racing is more dangerous of course. Riding a motorcycle whether you've been riding for 1 year or 20 years requires courage and to keep your head about you. If you're racing on the track that requires courage and keeping your head about you to minimize accidents/mishaps......any real motorcycle rider or racer will tell you if you're scared or intimidated that you don't want to be on that bike or running hard on a track. If you do then you're increasing your chances of getting hurt or causing an accident.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ionno, a lot of diesals can't go much past 100mph.:confused:
I'll put it to you this way...

I was driving down the interstate one day and the wife fell asleep, which means free ticket to drive as fast as I want. My speedo marks 100. She wakes up, looks around, and says "how fast are we going?". I look down at the speedo and say "20MPH"..."WTF?"...

Putting the tuner in will remove the speed limiter if you choose to do so. I have mine removed on my racing tunes, but I leave them on my towing tunes. Only problem is the diesel is so big and bulky it's very hard pushing it through the wind. Going over 100MPH...you can do it for a while, but not for long.

The most I have pushed mine too is wrapped the speedo over and hit 30 again...at that speed in that vehicle many people would shit their pants...lets just say it wasn't the best handling thing I've ever drove.:D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Main thing is finding a safe place to street race. Us personally…we use this highway where there is an open, straight stretch between two towns. It’s a 4 lane and there is nothing there except swamp on both sides of the road. You can see someone coming from up to probably several miles behind you can see several miles in front of you. We just go out there at night when there is no traffic.
That's the way everybody was doing it in Cleveland, TN when I was out there in April/May 2004.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Its super easy to bypass the governor on the Fords, just turn the key like you are starting the engine until the dash cuts in and out and your are on your way to however fast you want to go. I had my Company F350 as fast as this, bone stock, just by turning the key.

·
Registered
3,047 Posts
Its super easy to bypass the governor on the Fords, just turn the key like you are starting the engine until the dash cuts in and out and your are on your way to however fast you want to go. I had my Company F350 as fast as this, bone stock, just by turning the key.
You must need a lot of runway though to get it there! :eek:

·
Registered
405 Posts
My tuning software removes the limiter so I don't have to worry about it.

It will get up there pretty good...I've gotten it up in the 120 range a few times street racing, and it doesn't take long to get there...if they could only make it stop as fast as it gets there...try stopping 8k lbs. moving 120MPH.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Just do what I did for my bros. Ram 2500 v10 with an extended cab and long bed: Larger brakes with slotted and drilled rotors, steel-braided brake lines, 6 piston calipers up front and 4 piston in back. Wish I would have taken pics to prove it. Stupi idiot was spending all of his money on stupid shit and never made his truck payments. Truck got repo'd. Now he's driving a 99 Chevy Blazer.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Stupi idiot was spending all of his money on stupid shit and never made his truck payments. Truck got repo'd. Now he's driving a 99 Chevy Blazer.
LOL. Now that has to suck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
man f250 talks way to much shit its a fucking truck and sti are quick as shit and launch like a bitch he neews to start his own forum and hop off cobalts and stii and srt-4 and evo he can beat an mistibishi lanser evolution for a fact sorry f250

121 - 140 of 152 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.