Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
nice touch!

·
Registered
543 Posts
looks better...did you do a bit of prepping first? or use any high temp primer/gloss coat?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for the coil/plug cover I just used brake caliper paint. The ecotec supercharged cover I used the same paint just had to prime it first.

·
Registered
122 Posts
should have went with carbon fiber would have added at least 10 hp :D

just kidding looks good

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks nice, let us know how it holds up.. I want to do something like that, plus some serious polishing. However I don't think black would look as good as blue, or red, so I need to decide what off color I want to go with.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lonewholf , I bet this same red I used would go great with black

·
Registered
297 Posts
dervin3 said:
lonewholf , I bet this same red I used would go great with black
Bud, I was just thinking the same thing... ;) Red and black look beautiful together.. I think you just convinced me :D Let me know if you notice in peeling or flaking after you put a few hot miles on her :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
After one night, I've noticed nothing flaking or peeling. Still looking brand new. It looks so good in person, looks factory. This red shines great also. It's plasticoat red brake caliper paint rated to 900 degrees. If you do the ecotec supercharged cover also you need to prime it first.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks good, I have been thinking about doing the same to mine, but in Blue, Now I am convinced, I will surely do it in a week or so.

Good Job.

·
Registered
297 Posts
dervin3 said:
After one night, I've noticed nothing flaking or peeling. Still looking brand new. It looks so good in person, looks factory. This red shines great also. It's plasticoat red brake caliper paint rated to 900 degrees. If you do the ecotec supercharged cover also you need to prime it first.
Thanks for the info... What brand primer did you use?
I need to pick up some of that caliper paint anyways becuase I want to do my calipers too :D

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't remember the brand. It was just some cheap grey primer from walmart. worked great :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
krzykarl said:
should have went with carbon fiber would have added at least 10 hp :D

just kidding looks good
WTF are you talking about? Any moron knows that CF adds at least 15hp and 20lbs of torque... :rolleyes:

A sticker on the painted surface would have netted an additional lb of boost, due to heat deflection as well...

;)

Seriously, looks tiz-ight... Seems like it matches the car in those pics pretty good.

·
Registered
543 Posts
be sure to lightly sand the area first so that the paint "sticks" better.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so long as its high temp I don't see why it wouldn't hold up

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lonewholf said:
Anyway dervin3, you were right, it looks great! I used a different type of paint though, so hopefully it holds up :)

as good as it looks in pictures, you oughta see it in person ;)

·
Registered
297 Posts
dervin3 said:
as good as it looks in pictures, you oughta see it in person ;)
Yep, seeing it in person... I used the Ceramic High Temp(1200 Degree) engine paint made by Duplicolor. I have used it before, and it has held up pretty well, so we will see :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the red and black combo is HOT too! i'm lovin it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts