Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, everyone. After a few members from here have posted on the srtforums and seem like great people, I thought I'd join up over here. I drive an SRT-4 (don't hold that against me...I'm not like "most" of the Neon drivers) and frequent the national board and the Michigan board (which I am one of two admins).

I don't think you all get the credit and respect that you deserve, but I would say you have it slightly better than the neon guys did back in 2003.

Hopefully I can be apart of some of the conversations and, if needed, can knock some sense into other car owners that don't give the SS or the Redline the respect that they deserve (and not just for the interior:) ).

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
nice to meet you godfather, glad to see another person on this board who isn't an a-hole (srt-4 driver or not).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iso said:
nice to meet you godfather, glad to see another person on this board who isn't an a-hole (srt-4 driver or not).
haha! Thanks. Maturity is hard to come by on the srt boards nowadays...and that's coming from a 22 year old.

This board isn't as talkative as what I am used to, but has a lot less whoring.

·
Registered
251 Posts
godfather327 said:
Hey, everyone. After a few members from here have posted on the srtforums and seem like great people, I thought I'd join up over here. I drive an SRT-4 (don't hold that against me...I'm not like "most" of the Neon drivers) and frequent the national board and the Michigan board (which I am one of two admins).

I don't think you all get the credit and respect that you deserve, but I would say you have it slightly better than the neon guys did back in 2003.

Hopefully I can be apart of some of the conversations and, if needed, can knock some sense into other car owners that don't give the SS or the Redline the respect that they deserve (and not just for the interior:) ).
Hey, welcome to the forums :D! Glad to see someone noticed our posts on the SRT forums (I've only posted a couple times, got tired of being knocked lol) and it's nice to have more SRT owners taking notice when it comes to the SS and Redline. My experiences here in London, ON with SRT-4 owners (the whopping 2 lol) have been nothing but positive so definitely no grudges, there's always going to be asses in the crowd :).

It's always nice to get input from people who don't own the car as well as those that do (I've got the LS but still contribute to the conversations) so can't wait to see what your take is on some of the threads that crop up :). There are already a number of active SRT-4 owners on these forums so you're not totally alone anyways.

Permafried-

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Permafried- said:
Hey, welcome to the forums :D! Glad to see someone noticed our posts on the SRT forums (I've only posted a couple times, got tired of being knocked lol) and it's nice to have more SRT owners taking notice when it comes to the SS and Redline. My experiences here in London, ON with SRT-4 owners (the whopping 2 lol) have been nothing but positive so definitely no grudges, there's always going to be asses in the crowd :).

It's always nice to get input from people who don't own the car as well as those that do (I've got the LS but still contribute to the conversations) so can't wait to see what your take is on some of the threads that crop up :). There are already a number of active SRT-4 owners on these forums so you're not totally alone anyways.

Permafried-
The way I see it, any car that happens to be quick from the factory deserves respect. Plus, any domestic is good in my eyes (I work for an automotive supplier). That and I could care less what the interior looks like when going WOT on the track or highway.

I'm hoping that the stage upgrades that GM will be offering to you all will as effective as the Mopar ones that we have for our cars. And I'm still looking forward to hanging out with some owners in the Detroit and/or Cincy area.

·
Registered
251 Posts
godfather327 said:
The way I see it, any car that happens to be quick from the factory deserves respect. Plus, any domestic is good in my eyes (I work for an automotive supplier). That and I could care less what the interior looks like when going WOT on the track or highway.

I'm hoping that the stage upgrades that GM will be offering to you all will as effective as the Mopar ones that we have for our cars. And I'm still looking forward to hanging out with some owners in the Detroit and/or Cincy area.
Ditto, that's why I've never understood the SRT vs Cobalt wars, both being domestics we should have mutual respect for eachother not this constant bickering back and forth when everyone knows the SRT-4 is faster :). I guess trolls will be trolls though, you'll find them on any forum you go to, hopefully members crossing forums and actually being polite, realistic and honest will help to cool things off.

I'm waiting on the S/C kit that is supposed to be released for the 2.2L Cobalts from GM, I would assume around the same time as the stage kit upgrades. I think you'll see a large number of non-ss owners go with a turbo setup, especially since there is already one out and a number of others in the works but the stage kits from GM look promising for the 2.0L. I'm still stuck between the two since a stage 3 turbo for the 2.2L is running $3500 USD and gives an 80 - 90 boost to our vehicles without any rebuilding required, but on the other hand I'd probably feel better having a GM made and endorsed part under the hood of my car. The only turbo kit they've mentioned in their build books is from Hahn Racecraft but no word from them yet when it will be released, they didn't give me any time frame in the e-mail I sent them.

If you want to hang out with Cobalt owners and you're really bored one day there's a load of them just north of you in London and Toronto but trying to coordinate something with them may be extremely difficult unless you all met in Windsor or that general area.

Permafried-

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
godfather327 said:

Welcome to the site. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts