Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here are some shots of my car.
I blacked out the headlights and removed the badges and painted the front bowtie red. So here are the pics for you guys.

So what do you think?

Later

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took them apart. (Not easy) and the preped primed and painted them. I used engin primer and semi gloss black engin paint.

Then I put them back together with 3M windsheald adhesive.

Took about 7 hours to do both. Then I let them sit over night.
Then I put some new silver stars in them and put them back in.

Later

·
Registered
383 Posts
That is one great looking ride. Mine's black, I should do the headlights too. I like the debadged look, and also the painted bow tie. Thumbs up!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Debadging is realy easy. I used fishing line to cut the emblims off and then used my finget to remove the fome part of the tape. The some glue remover the remove the stick stuff left over.

Later

·
Registered
671 Posts
I think the badges would be cooler than not. For some reason the door looks to big without them on there. I would of put them in the location the 06's have them in. Looks better than the 05's. Otherwise nice ride !!!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Looks tight... but like someone up there said, I'm not all for the de-badged look. Other than that, the lights are cool and so is the bow-tie. Speaking of clean cars, a friend of mine photoshopped a Cobalt and shaved the door handles, debadged it, filled in the cracks on the front, back, and the caps on each end of the wing, and took out the weird little side lights on the back bumper. Looks fresh, just weird...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts