Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i had a black ss/sc and traded it in for the g85 package sunburst orange ss/sc love the car and havent had any problems with it besides the fact that the front bumper isnt aligned to the headlight at all whereas the other headlight matches up perfectly...

Then the other day i washed my car and now there is condensation of water in my headlight making my headlight fog up and seriously making it look like shit....

simple fix by ordering some new headlights but what about the front bumper...is there anyway i can get that to be aligned right to have a flush mount to my headlight??

Anyones help will be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mine is the same way. Go out on the lot and you will see most are not aligned. The headlight is something you need to take up with the dealer. You can point out to them about stuff not lining up but don't know if it's fixable.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the dealer will replace the headlight unit under warrantee, and most likely give you some line about GM sending out new fascias to correct the alignment problem...I called GM, and no such correction is being done...All cobalts have this misalignment to a certain degree. If you consider it's placement though, it does actually serve a small benefit in that through those small gaps beneath the headlights, air flows into the engine bay, adding to the cooling of the engine. Not a huge cooling effect, but it does create one nonetheless.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I have the same problem with the alignment, didn't notice til I installed my CAI which is not pushing against the bumper, but you're right it does serve to benefit. My misalignment is on the same side as the air intake. So, I'll just deal with it since a little more air is no available for taking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts