Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale a nice Sony MP3/CD player with FM/AM tuner (model CDX-M850MP). Flipdown motorized face (non-detachable). Headunit is high-powered 52x4. Has 3 pre-outs (front/rear/sub). Also includes credit card sized remote. Sub-level control. ID tags/text. etc etc etc. Very good condition! Price is $225 shipped inside the US ONLY.

Here is a quote from consumer reports.

The Sony CDX-M850MP is a terrific player with a unique way of operating, but it is the combination of features with a fair price that makes this a Best Buy.

The CDX-M850MP has a featureless faceplate that looks completely blank when the power is off, making it unappealing to thieving eyes. However, once it's powered up, the two-color display comes to life. Of course, you're wondering how do you operate this player. Touch a small button in the corner of the display and the motorized faceplate opens and flips to reveal the CD slot and the system controls--the player can be operated in this state, or use the remote control when the faceplate is closed.

The CDX-M850MP comes with seven equalizer presets and there are seven bands of EQ that can be fine tuned, and there is even a program to shift the acoustic image within your car--this is helpful in vehicles that have the speakers mounted at the bottom of the door panels. The built-in amplifier provides 23-1/5 watts (RMS) into four channels, or 52 watts peak. Separate 4-volt preamp outputs are available for the mains and sub. There is a crossover for the subwoofer output and a high-pass filter for the main preamp outputs.

There is an auxiliary input, and the CDX-M850MP is XM Satellite Radio ready. It can control CD or MD changers, and it can play CD, CD-R/RW, or MP3 discs. The system will display ID3 information, CD Text, and you can even name your favorite AM/FM radio stations, and it will store and display the station name.

With so many impressive and useful features, the Sony CDX-M850MP should be a good starting point for anyone looking for a serious improvement to their car stereo system.

amp power 52 watts X4

antishock no

antitheft features yes

CD changer control yes

CD text yes

chassis size 1-DIN

depth N/A

height 2 in.

nbr. of AM/FM presets 12 AM/18 FM

preamp outputs 3 sets (front/rear/subwoofer control)

RDS no

remote control yes

signal-to-noise ratio 90dB

speaker outputs 4

weight 2.6 lbs.

width 7 1/8 in.

·
Registered
543 Posts
I may have to take this off your hands.... do you have the wiring harness?
Let me talk to the wifey..... (yeah yeah I know....)

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mm_omega2 said:
I may have to take this off your hands.... do you have the wiring harness?
Let me talk to the wifey..... (yeah yeah I know....)

I have the harness that plugs into the back of the headunit but I'm not including the harness that plugs into the oem car harness. Let me know....

·
Registered
543 Posts
orange juice said:
I have the harness that plugs into the back of the headunit but I'm not including the harness that plugs into the oem car harness. Let me know....
well i think it's a no go for me,. Wife decided to go on a shopping spree and spent a wee bit more than she should have so my play money reserve took a dive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts