Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed last night my fuel guage jumps all over the place when it gets down to 1/4 or less of a tank. when i parked my car it said there was about 78 miles remaining on fuel, when i restarted it, it said that it was low fuel, after driving it for a few minutes it went back up to 56. it was parked on level ground so i know it wasn't because of all the gas going to one side of the tank. has anyone else been having issues with those bad readings like that?

·
Registered
454 Posts
selfinfliction said:
i noticed last night my fuel guage jumps all over the place when it gets down to 1/4 or less of a tank. when i parked my car it said there was about 78 miles remaining on fuel, when i restarted it, it said that it was low fuel, after driving it for a few minutes it went back up to 56. it was parked on level ground so i know it wasn't because of all the gas going to one side of the tank. has anyone else been having issues with those bad readings like that?
I dont have the readout of miles, but yea, mine does it too. It does it with any amount of gas in it. Just notice it more at low levels!

·
Registered
695 Posts
mine does it to.. every mile is goes down 3 miles.. for example.. it will say fuel range 59 miles.. then after driving a mile it will say fuel range 56 miles. then when there is like 40 miles... it will say fuel range low.. its annoying so i try not to go by it.. i dont trust it to well...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Nah, best part is when you fly on to the Interstate/highway. Just makes me smile when it reads 120 (from the beginning of the on ramp) to about 90 (merging into the lanes). :cool:

·
Registered
945 Posts
I had a 89 GMC Sierra, a 95 Lumina ,and my fathers 00 Silverado, and even my aunts 03 Silverado all do it and so does my SS i think its something with GM's gauge readings they are all like that. I asked my dad about it he says thats how it is.

What ever the FACk that means :confused:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
it's only happened to me once. i was on my way to a party and i had just left, when my fuel light came on and the gas gauge showed that i had NO gas. so i start driving and when i get to the gas station, i look at my gauge and i have over quarter tank. my older brother was with me (he drives an infiniti g35) and he just goes "well, that's chevy for ya". what a dick.

·
Registered
227 Posts
One thing I noticed is when my low fuel beeping comes on, I still have roughly three gallons left of fuel (despite it saying low fuel when checking how many miles are left)...because it only filled up around 10 gallons.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow man you should take that thing in. that would drive me crazy becuase i run less than 1/2 tank at all times. have to stop every couple of days for gas, but never know when you might want to run someone and "but i had a full tank of gas" is not a good excuse lol

·
Registered
227 Posts
selfinfliction said:
wow man you should take that thing in. that would drive me crazy becuase i run less than 1/2 tank at all times. have to stop every couple of days for gas, but never know when you might want to run someone and "but i had a full tank of gas" is not a good excuse lol
Crap, is that just me? LOL, I thought it was normal! Ahhh!!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think it calculates on the current usage of fuel like if you're driving far and consistently is what I think it's mainly for not from the liquor store and back you can gun it and then shift into 5th and you econ will go up btw. Econ limit is 99.99 mpg

1 - 16 of 16 Posts