Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if we can use SAFC on our car? if not does anyone make an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for us? im getting 60lb injectors and i want to be able to adjust the fuel in order to get the right A/F ratio. can anyone help me with this? any info or feedback will be appreciated

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
I dont know about a stand alone unit, but look into intense and see if they can fix you up with something. By the way (kinda off topic) what kind of plugs are you running with the 2.79 pulley???

·
Registered
478 Posts
i'll answer a few things here...

first a SAFC or something along the line of an air fuel controller and/or a stand alone as of yet are not needed.

our ecm will support up to 64.75lb/hr injectors, and if you manipulate your VE table, commanded AFR's, and your power enrichment rates you can accomplish any AFR at any RPM you want.

HPTuners FTW!

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
hey 06, sorry to impeed, but about how much does an HPTuners system run, and is it easy to use?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont know about a stand alone unit, but look into intense and see if they can fix you up with something. By the way (kinda off topic) what kind of plugs are you running with the 2.79 pulley???
ngk 2 steps colder iridium, heard a lot of good thigs about the zex plugs though, considering

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll answer a few things here...

first a SAFC or something along the line of an air fuel controller and/or a stand alone as of yet are not needed.

our ecm will support up to 64.75lb/hr injectors, and if you manipulate your VE table, commanded AFR's, and your power enrichment rates you can accomplish any AFR at any RPM you want.

HPTuners FTW!
so pretty much im fukd and have to pay for some one to tune my car?

·
Registered
482 Posts
HP Tuners is bad ass, except for the fact that you must purchase credits to use it. That is why a stand alone is better for your everyday tuner w/ basic tuning knowledge. Also w/ a safc2 you can personaly tune after adding a mod. With HP it's harder to tune as often due to having to purchase credits, wich sucks ass. I would only use HP once I was done modding my car and was ready for a full and final tune.

·
Registered
478 Posts
once your car is licensed on to an HPT cable you can tune it any amount of times you want....i retune my car about 2times a week over the summer...always finding and learning new things, plus to adjust for heat such with AFR's

its a great softwear

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
once your car is licensed on to an HPT cable you can tune it any amount of times you want....i retune my car about 2times a week over the summer...always finding and learning new things, plus to adjust for heat such with AFR's

its a great softwear
but you still have to buy the credits right?

·
Registered
478 Posts
but you still have to buy the credits right?
correct....once you use for the 2 credits our takes you are set for life!

--only use the zex plugs when runing a pully under a 2.7, they are over 1 step colder then stock...i run them and love them with my 2.5

·
Registered
478 Posts
hey 06, sorry to impeed, but about how much does an HPTuners system run, and is it easy to use?
no worries bro...i'm here to help

about 600-700 depending on waht version you want and yes at times its hard to use...alot of options, you must have past exsperance(sp?) or be smart with how you start tuneing.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so i guess the question now is, is there anyone near el paso texas with hptuners?

·
Registered
278 Posts
I thought the HP Tuners software came with supplied credits? I only plan on getting my car tuned once, mainly just to dial in the mods I currently have to make sure i'm getting the most power I can out of them. I don't plan on re-tuning and re-tuning. Won't the supplied credits suffice for a situation like mine?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I thought the HP Tuners software came with supplied credits? I only plan on getting my car tuned once, mainly just to dial in the mods I currently have to make sure i'm getting the most power I can out of them. I don't plan on re-tuning and re-tuning. Won't the supplied credits suffice for a situation like mine?
hpt comes with 6 credits...so yes you will be fine, what i was refereeing to is the fact that many people done buy hpt they just have somebody else tune the car, so thats were paying for the credits come into play.

·
Registered
102 Posts
does anyone know if we can use SAFC on our car? if not does anyone make an adjustable fuel pressure regulator for us? im getting 60lb injectors and i want to be able to adjust the fuel in order to get the right A/F ratio. can anyone help me with this? any info or feedback will be appreciated
i'm pretty sure that it is a return-less system. meaning it uses no fuel pressure regulator. i think the pcm controls all that stuff. you need to talk to someone with hptuners

·
Registered
102 Posts
i dont even think you really need a tune with such small power mods.. dont waste the money
hp tuners is expensive.. you can get a 50 shot for that kind of money

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have tried a maf offset device and you can only compensate so much and 60# injectors are to far out of range...

You would end up with limp mode.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts