Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was posting pics of my ss in one of my other forums i go to. it is a gaming forum for a clan. so this one guy comes on and says this: (this is a quote directly from him lol) he was talking about racing me in the 1/4 with his cavelier.

P.S. The cav pushes about 210 to 220hp . If I give her hell I can just bout hit a 12.9 on quarter mile runs. But I dont wanna ruin the car I need for my job

so appereantly he knows how to make a 12 second 220hp car lol that brightened up my day!! either the guy iusing his own watch and he's estimating the 1/4 or he needs a job working for gravanna tuning lmao so he can show them how to do that

i love ricer math :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
maybe he gutted it completely. the elise doesnt have much hp but only weighs 1900. lol may be he CFed everything.

lol just wanted to put in a stupid idea.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
dres said:
maybe he gutted it completely. the elise doesnt have much hp but only weighs 1900. lol may be he CFed everything.

ROFL yeah and he said he needs the car for work.... that got me.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
dres said:

Or MAYBE... JUST MAYBE, he was sleeping!

I've had dreams like this about my del Sol. I than woke up and realized that 12 second quarter mile I just ran, actually turned into a 17.9 second quarter mile! All that in just a blink of an eye!! AHHH

·
Registered
233 Posts
hmm an srt4 has about 215-230 hp stock. weight=29xx. best time i've seen out of a stock srt4 was a 13.6 on street tires. put slicks on and ur down to i think the best i've seen is 13.3 mayb 13.2. now a bunch of weight reduction and your in the 12s with 220ish whp. you just have to be a hell of a driver. i mean like a 1.80 60' and perfect shifting. cf the hood, trunk, and what ever else. take out the seats, spare, a/c, power steering, and a driver that is the size of a super model. maybe he can pull a 12.

lol again i'm not say its likely, but i'm saying its possible.

·
Registered
10 Posts
srt is more than 230 hp, dont those cars put down that much at the wheels?
that would make crank output more like 260, i dunno im sure you srt guys know more than me about your cars. for a 220 hp caviler to do 12 sec it would have to weigh 1600 lbs

·
Registered
695 Posts
Chuck P said:
a 12 second 220hp cavalier...thats the funniest thing I've heard today :D
LMAO! that is hilarious!!!! lol

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Not to make you guys all sound stupid, but there are at least 4 RSXs running 12.8-12.9s NA with around 220-230whp. One of them weighing 2500+lbs.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
wasey13 said:
Not to make you guys all sound stupid, but there are at least 4 RSXs running 12.8-12.9s NA with around 220-230whp. One of them weighing 2500+lbs.
Uh Oh... :eek:

I love Honda/Acura and I think they are one of the most respectful car manufactures, considering they build N/A engines that compete with F/I engines... But none-the-less, why are you even posting this here?

Last I knew, we weren't talking about RSX's... We were talking about a somewhat un-realistic Cavalier...

·
Registered
259 Posts
hum.... to get a SS in the 12's.... stock... wow talk about serious weight reduction.... man it amazes me what people say about cars these days

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mken said:
A bit off topic, but I was just curious what game your playing in a clan for. I play a few myself. :D

i used to play bf42, now i am about to get into bf2 but i have too much going on with my actual websites... running web based business can be a hassle when you redesign and give the site a full makeover ;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wasey13 said:

i call b.s and won't ask for videos cause there's no physical way it can happen lol....(do you live next to that dude? haha) can someone explain to me how a 2500 pound car with 220whp runs a 12 second 1/4 ?

calculate that out and it's roughly 10.* pounds per hp on your magic rsx. compared to:
cobalt roughly 8.7-9.* pounds per hp

<edit> i even used my ricer math calculator and it still doesn't come out right
:D

·
Registered
517 Posts
wasey13 said:
No you don't.

Who cares if it's NA anyway? Boost would increase the engines output...

Thank you, come again.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wasey13 said:

Go away and stop covering my screen with bullshit. It's hard to get off of my laptop screen.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
You guys can think what you want. I was at BOTI when the first two RSXs broke into 12s all motor. The 2nd one to do it that day/night, was my very good friend, on that day his car weighed 2538lbs. and had around 220-230whp. He had a stock k20a and tranny with just bolt-ons. The first guy to break into 12s that day was all lexaned(sp?) out and weighed 2200 or 2300lbs. He had a slightly built k20a2, I don't know what he was pushing. They both ran 12.93-12.96 @ 101-104mph. A few weeks later, two more broke into the 12s including one that ran 12.87.

I have a few videos of my friend's runs. My whole point with all this is that a cavalier with 220whp might have a shot of running 12.9s. Hell the skunk2 RSX runs 8s with only 350whp. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
OOOOHHHH! I've heard a very similar claim. My friend's boyfriend "is running in the high 12's with an intake and header, no hodata in his '05 Type-S." It took all I had not to laugh in her face. No way in hell is an intake and header going to increase output enough to get a mid 14 second car into the 12's.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts