Cobalts SS banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.gtechpro.com/ss.html
Is this product any good? I seriously would love something like this since my work schedule doesn't allow me to get to the track very often. Is it worth the $200?

·
Registered
155 Posts
dervin3 said:
http://www.gtechpro.com/ss.html
Is this product any good? I seriously would love something like this since my work schedule doesn't allow me to get to the track very often. Is it worth the $200?
gTech units, from my expierence, are $200+ steaming piles of ish. Not worth it, inaccurate, steals valuable radar detector space.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response, anyone else? Are there any good similar computers out there?

·
Registered
33 Posts
i have the pro RR and i love it, works great, accurate as all hell, gets me the same numbers as i get at the track. but that is the 300$ one.... i did not pay that much but it also records everything and you can upload to your computer. if you are thinking about getting HP numbers good luck so far mine is OFF to say the least. the rpm thing works 99% of the time but does throw fits. I think it is an ok buy if you are into knowing what your car is running. and will be usefull for mods and such. you just need a good long flat strip of road. it will be off if you are driving up hill stuff like that.

its really up to you

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I know a few stretches of long straight road around here. BTW how far off are the HP readings? Are there any other brands of computers perhaps better and finally where can I buy it besides online?

·
Registered
259 Posts
why spend 300 bucks on a guess? just go to the track and get the facts.. thats just the way i see it.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My work schedule doesn't allow me hardly any chances to get to the track and besides the only track nearby is just a 1/8th mile. I don't want a guess, I want something very accurate. So are there any accurate performance meters out there and can they be bought at a store ihnstead of online?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts