Cobalts SS banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive beaten two g35s once i was racing my dads z06 after he blew me away a g35 pulled up and tryed to join smoked um than on my way home tonight i raced a red g35 and smoked that one also!

·
Registered
498 Posts
uhhh good to see you're beating Infiniti's with your Z06 (rolls eyes)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
phxSS said:
uhhh good to see you're beating Infiniti's with your Z06 (rolls eyes)
HAHAHAHAHA........HAHAHAHA.... ::takes deep breathe:: ..... HAHAHAHAHAH....HAHAHHA... HAHA... HA!

You are illiterate.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
my-ss-is-yellow said:
Ive beaten two g35s once i was racing my dads z06 after he blew me away a g35 pulled up and tryed to join smoked um than on my way home tonight i raced a red g35 and smoked that one also!
if you read that very carefully (i know it's hard, without the use of punctuation, proper grammar, and spelling), you can see that he says that he was racing his dad's z06 (in his cobalt ss), and after his dad blew him away, a g35 pulled up and, supposedly, he blew him away (with his cobalt ss). And then he "smoked" another g35 (in his ss, i'm still assuming) on his way home. personally, i'm not too sure about these claims, as i've been in my brother's g35 and it feels quite a bit faster than my ss. i guess i'll have to get him to race me to find out.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
do you have any idea if they were auto's or sticks? cuz the 6 speed g35 has more horses then the auto.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Better question... was it the Coupe or Sedan... there is a difference, no? The one that looks like the 350Z is the one that I'm thinking of. It's right around 300hp, but it's kinda heavy. I doubt VERY highly it was 'smoked' unless it wasn't really racing. I have a guy here with a 350Z, and I've tried to get him to 'race' me a little at lunch, and he wont! At the same time I also had a guy pull away from me steadily on the highway driving one...

That smaller pulley and exhaust are not worth big power without a header anyway. So your mods are only getting you (dyno proven) 17 hp at this point...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Better question... was it the Coupe or Sedan... there is a difference, no? The one that looks like the 350Z is the one that I'm thinking of. It's right around 300hp, but it's kinda heavy. I doubt VERY highly it was 'smoked' unless it wasn't really racing. I have a guy here with a 350Z, and I've tried to get him to 'race' me a little at lunch, and he wont! At the same time I also had a guy pull away from me steadily on the highway driving one...

That smaller pulley and exhaust are not worth big power without a header anyway. So your mods are only getting you (dyno proven) 17 hp at this point...

Ive raced a few 350z's and it was very close ...so a G35 being heavier is definatly possible particularly with a modded SS

as for weather it was a coupe or sedan ..it dosn't make that much of a difference as they are really close in weight ..and put down very similar numbers ... if it was a G35x sedan 6 spd 300 horse that would make a difference from a dig

·
Registered
65 Posts
Look out for coupes and 350Z's up top. There top end will surprise you. I use to beat them stock pretty easy up to about 110 and then they would slowly start to gain a little ground back. A cobalt SS is not all that great above 100mph from what I have seen and heard so be careful getting to much ego out there cause on the highway, most races go passed 100mph. Nice kills either way and the 2005 G35C comes with 298hp which is 20 more hp than last year.

·
Registered
259 Posts
350z/g35's are slow.. sorry but they only way they get fast is with FI....other than that... they become rearview material...

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
c7015 said:
Ive raced a few 350z's and it was very close ...so a G35 being heavier is definatly possible particularly with a modded SS

as for weather it was a coupe or sedan ..it dosn't make that much of a difference as they are really close in weight ..and put down very similar numbers ... if it was a G35x sedan 6 spd 300 horse that would make a difference from a dig
well, for starters, the automatic g35 only has 280 hp and 270 lb ft of torque. and, the g35 x awd only comes in auto. so, the x doesn't have 300 horses. also, some differences between the sedan and coupe include weight and drag coefficients (sp?). the coupe has one of the lowest drag coefficients, making it one of the most streamlined cars and most effective at higher speeds, due to it's lack of drag.

and as to the g35 being slow, i think not. motortrend tested an 03 G35 (the one with 20 less hp) and got a 0-60 of 5.7 secs (faster than our ss's which i don't consider slow), and a quarter mile of 14.2 at 100.5 mph. the 05 g's have more horses (nearly 300 :eek: ) and weigh an average of 500 - 1000 lbs more than our ss's (depending on options).

(my ss is 3500 lbs and my brother's g35 is 4500 lbs).

so, Novtec, unless you think the ss is slow too, then i wouldn't call the g35's slow. but then YOU are running 22 pounds of boost... so...

·
Registered
65 Posts
slow and fast are both relative terms. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A STOCK G35 VS A STOCK SS. In this instance a g35 is not slow in comparison to what it is being put up against. In comparison to a modded EVO yes it would be slow. IMO anything slower than 12.5 when modded is not that fast anymore to me simply because I am use to the power of a low 12 second car/ high 11. This of course would be because it is modded. If it was a stock car running low 12's high 11's then it would be wickedly fast for stock. Shoot I think my bone stock Jeep capable of running 15.0'[email protected]+mph is fast for a grand cherokee suv but that is me. Once again speed is relative to what your in. If I raced top fuel dragsters everything slower than 5 seconds in the 1/4 would suck.

·
Registered
259 Posts
mldvenm said:
slow and fast are both relative terms. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A STOCK G35 VS A STOCK SS. In this instance a g35 is not slow in comparison to what it is being put up against. In comparison to a modded EVO yes it would be slow.
thank you.... that was my whole point.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts