Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if there was a G85 Package in 05. I got my car a couple of weeks ago and I wan't aware there was an option. Or is it only on the 06 model? And what did this consist of?

·
Registered
765 Posts
I THINK you could only get it as a 2006 model year but I could be wrong on that. I do know that it consists of a Quaife limited slip differential and Recaro leather seats all yours for only $1500!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So how do I know if I have it or not? I have leather seats with red inserts and the lumbar adjustment if that helps. Is there a tag on the car somewhere? Like the options sticker.

·
Registered
309 Posts
If you have leather seats, the answer is no. The recaro seats are very noticable, lether sides and back with cloth insert (for where you sit). It also says recaro..at least on the RL it does.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
XeroState said:
If you have leather seats, the answer is no. The recaro seats are very noticable, lether sides and back with cloth insert (for where you sit). It also says recaro..at least on the RL it does.
You just bet me to it but i had a pic.. :p LOL :D

·
Registered
309 Posts
Haha, oh well...I beat the moderator, nananananaaaa...lol.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There were a small number of 05 SS's with the G85 package on them. Mainly for testing and so forth but from what I have heard that a few got out to the public so it is extremely rare to find one but they do exist.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, that kinda pisses me off that I don't got the LSD. The dealer I bought it from told me it had every option avalible on it. How many of you guys have the LSD? Whats the major difference between the two? Like handling and performance wize?

·
Registered
7 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Yeah i heard that to but i don't think that will happen that would not be a smart thing to do.
We just got some '06 Cobalt brochures at the dealership today, and they list the G85 package as an available option, so it would be pretty stupid of them not to continue offering it (especially since most automotive magazine reviews I've read really say that it's a must for performance junkies... :D ).

So again, while there's always a chance they could discontinue it (stranger things have happened), I really don't see it as very likely.

·
Registered
223 Posts
87camaroPA said:
Well you could get it in 05 but it was not on GM's sites... but it has been available all along. But the option is the LSD and Recaro seats.

It was and IS on GM's site, you just have to select Orange as the color... I don't know why.

I had to look under every rock in the country to find mine with the G85, I had to have it shipped here on a flatbed because there were none in my state. I almost got a neon because of that, good thing I didn't! ;)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
you don't have to select orange as the color, you just have to pick the interior color as being ebony seats with ebony inserts, then when you go to the options page the performance package will be available. it just so happens that the orange is the only exterior color that automatically changes the interior color to black on black, so if you picked a colored insert for the interior, you can't get the performance package to even show up when you build one online.

p.s. i looked everywhere in the tri-state area to find a cobalt ss with the g85 package, needless to say i was unsuccesful and setteled for red with black and red interior. oh well, you win some, you lose some... at least i got gm's employee discount for everyone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts