Cobalts SS banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just filled with gas the other day and decied to see what my MPG was and it was freaken 20, that really sucks I drive a 2002 Grand Am 2.2L and i keep it under 3krpms for the most part. I was just wondering what Mileage other people got and what cars they drive.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I Have a 2003 CHEVY 2500HD CREWCAB TRUCK and the milage is about 13.. I also have a mazda6-s 2003 and get abou5 25mpg.. not bad at all..

20 seems really low..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, I dont know why I get 20, my parents think that I never let off the gas, im gona see if my mom wants to trade cars for a week and see what mpg I get with hers and what she gets with mine. My mom has a 05 Honda Civic and gets 30mpg, I know her car is going have better mpg but mines pretty low.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea its the 2.2Ecotec, I just replaced the spark plugs on Friday, and in my first post the other day meant last week lol so im gona be needing gas soon, so I'll see what my mpg is next time too, hopefully higher.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have 45k on the car, Im now just wondering if I screwed up my math somehow, I'll find out tomorrow.

·
Registered
237 Posts
CAVIFL45 said:
20mpg???? Wow Thats Low...its That The 2.2 Ecotec???same As The Cavalier....i Have The Old 97 2.2 Ohv (pos) And I Get 22-24mpg (123kmiles)....check The Plugs, And Inyectors
Cavi,

Where did you get that avatar? I think I know the person who took that picture.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If the cobalt is anything like the Redline . . . I see about 22 city 27 highway.
My wife has the regular ION 3 with the 2.2 all she has is a CAI and its auto, she gets 26 city and about 30 highway.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the other day I filled up again got about 24 which is better than that 20 so im happy with that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
driving a 2005 Altima 3.5SE right now and everage for me is 25MPG, but best i ever got was going from here in illinois where im at to california to visit family and ended up getting 34MPG all the way there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts