Cobalts SS banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody seen or know anyone that is making a-pillar gauge pods for the ss/sc yet ? I want to switch to a mechanical boost gauge (which I am going to next week).. but I also wanted to run an AF gauge...

·
Registered
347 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
thats cool but sucks at the same time... Its REALLY hard to get 30 people to buy these !!! Darn it people get some gauge pods !!!
i am in i had lotek in my alero running boost, fuel, and A/F i already changed my boost gauge in the ss but want to put the other two in but no place to put them

·
Registered
345 Posts
I'd be down to get it, if they'd make the gaugepods for the center of the dashboard above the a/c vents... cause i don't think putting a black gaugepod on the funny color pilar is going to look good...

·
Registered
392 Posts
chevy05 said:
I would definately get the intake if it puts out 25hp. count me in
Nobody mentioned an intake??? :confused:

Here is my gauge pod.

The gauges might look like they light up blue, but they are white :D

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
(SS) with a SS said:
Would the gauge pod interfer with the side curtain airbags? I dont know if I want to mess with that system
Most side air bag systems are either on/in your seats or b-pillar. I have never seen one on the a-pillar, which is where those gauges mount.

·
Registered
272 Posts
its rare to have one in the A-pillar

·
Registered
261 Posts
Actually it's in the soft rubber part of the headliner I guess. Nobody will make one though because of legal issues on a car equipped with side curtain airbags.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
Actually it's in the soft rubber part of the headliner I guess. Nobody will make one though because of legal issues on a car equipped with side curtain airbags.
So are the side airbags in the a-pillar or b-pillar?

PS...everybody, I suggest if you can afford it to get the side air bags. They probably saved my life a few months ago. Side impact and a roll... only the side air bags deployed. ;) :(

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
wasey13 said:
So are the side airbags in the a-pillar or b-pillar?

PS...everybody, I suggest if you can afford it to get the side air bags. They probably saved my life a few months ago. Side impact and a roll... only the side air bags deployed. ;) :(
I would have if I could have found an SS with them and XM that wasnt yellow !

·
Registered
492 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Doesnt this only apply to those with side airbag option ?
Nope, it would apply to the whole model of car. The fact that some CAN have it, means that they can't make it. Two or more different places have said that that can't/won't touch it because of the curtain airbags. It might even be the wiring that runs up through the a-pillar (I have no clue, I don't have em). In any case, if your cars are the same as ours in this aspect (and really why would they be different) then you're gonna have a HARD time finding somewhere to make them. I'm not sure if you can find another car that's similar, but a 1st gen talon pod with a little heat molding works for our cars. :eek:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Blue04RedLine said:
Nope, it would apply to the whole model of car. The fact that some CAN have it, means that they can't make it. Two or more different places have said that that can't/won't touch it because of the curtain airbags. It might even be the wiring that runs up through the a-pillar (I have no clue, I don't have em). In any case, if your cars are the same as ours in this aspect (and really why would they be different) then you're gonna have a HARD time finding somewhere to make them. I'm not sure if you can find another car that's similar, but a 1st gen talon pod with a little heat molding works for our cars. :eek:
That seems like the most goofy thing.... I work on cars for a living and having some additional wiring for airbags that COULD be there BUT AREN'T seens like a silly reason for a modified pillar to be illegal... Maybe I can find somewhere local to do something custom... I am NOT willing to put gauges on my dash.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts