Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got me SS cleaned up and pics taken with the tint and of course the cleanliness.

This is the pic of the damage to my rear bumper from the concrete poll base incident,i was paying attention when i backed into a parking space and didnt notice the concrete based which is only a foot tall in the middle of the parking spot. Im getting it fixed come summer.I still havent taked out the poll and base but i will. :mad:

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ah the pole thing sucks... you could get most of it out for a few bucks though

my brother uses this at his shop:

http://www.flynndist.com/automotive.htm?src=overture

scroll down and look at the european cut.. that shit works more wonders than a hooker with 4 boobs. ONLY USE IT ON THE DAMAGED AREA..

right under it is some stuff called topline or something, it's made to finish off the job form the european cut, but it only works as good as normal wax.. so save the $$$ and just use wax to finish it.

you could probably even take a red permanent marker and color in the deep gashes before you buff it out, that would help a little bit more.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
selfinfliction said:
ah the pole thing sucks... you could get most of it out for a few bucks though

my brother uses this at his shop:

http://www.flynndist.com/automotive.htm?src=overture

scroll down and look at the european cut.. that shit works more wonders than a hooker with 4 boobs. ONLY USE IT ON THE DAMAGED AREA..

right under it is some stuff called topline or something, it's made to finish off the job form the european cut, but it only works as good as normal wax.. so save the $$$ and just use wax to finish it.

you could probably even take a red permanent marker and color in the deep gashes before you buff it out, that would help a little bit more.
You really think that would restore it to almost new. I might actually try it out.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
The Alex said:
You really think that would restore it to almost new. I might actually try it out.
you're still going to have the physical scratch damage there, the only way to get rid of it is to sand it down and refinish it. but that compound and will get rid of most of it, and it'll be alot cheaper than taking it to a body shop if you can't do the work yourself :)

HeppyCat said:
Selfinfliction, I did not see anything impressive on that site. I suggest the Menzerna polishes. check out http://www.properautocare.com

there are plenty of good products to use, but EC is the best cutting compound we've used. a normal swirl remover/polish isn't gonna work for what he needs initially. he could prolly finish the job off with menzerna though.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Heheheh cameras lol, no MCC just needs to not build lamp posts in the middle of parking spots and allow people to park there. I remember when i had my 89 GMC i hit a lamp post it rubbed the chrome on my bumper the wrong way so i took the fucker out. Me 1 lamp post nadda.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
32% on the side windows and 22% on the back, i have a clause in my tint contract that says if i get a ticket for the tint on the side windows that they will take it off so i can get the ticket waived and then they put it back on for free. I dont know how im getting hte pole thing fixed but it will bee come summer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts