Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered my 2006 Cobalt SS 2 months ago and the dealer has confirmed that I will get it tommorow. Its for my son, he just turned 16. Its a black SS/SC with a Sunroof, XM, Onstar and Side Airbags.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will post pics as soon as I can !

·
Registered
543 Posts
congrats to you and him on the new car. I'm sure it will be everything he can handle right now.
Wow, at least this isn't like what I saw on the news a couple months ago when a father got his son an SRT-10 Viper, was 15 on his permit and wrecked, demolished the car killed himself and hurt the passenger.
I think I'll pass down the SRT to my daughter......ugh 4 more yrs til she starts driving.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Be careful hading down/ and /or buying you kids cars....

I think at 18 I have become more responsible. Take it fomr me, someone closer to your kid's age...

Just make him understand he needs to be safe. His friends will pressure him BIG time... trust me. Plus, he's gonna have more curiousity than you'd like.

I will say this to him though:

Be careful, be safe. It's smarter to be safe... and stupid to do dumb things. I'm sure you understand.... there are literally 100's of people out there who are just waiting for you to wreck your car so they can get your engine. It's inevitable for a young person with too much ego and negative influence to do something really dumb.

Again, be safe man. There are thousands of guys just like me who really want a Cobalt... consider yourself lucky, and appreciate what your father has GIVEN you. Take care of it, and don't betray your father's love by upsetting him.

-ALBeRt

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanx for all the feedback everyone. KSE, I will make sure my son reads what you wrote. I know he will appreciate the car, and I just hope he doesnt fall under the pressure and do stupid things with it. I have to admit I'm a little concerned with all the power the SS/SC packs, but we will see what happens.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I would encourage him to go to the track. Go with him and have fun. it will be good father/son bonding. If he does good at the track, he'll be more into that than street racing. Also, if you take him to some auto-x or orad course events, he'll become a better and safer driver, due to his skills excelling. It's what i plan on doing with my boys' when the time comes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
hey...i ordered an 06 ss/sc about a week ago and it took 2 months for you? my dad say it should be at the dealership in about 3-4 weeks i hope it doesnt take 2 months but anyway do u or anyone else have an insurance quote on it my friend says its prolly around 390 dollars a month that seems like a lot...but idk

·
Registered
543 Posts
unsurance for full coverage on someone under 21 sucks.....bad. I do feel for you guys that are that young, especially if you are not on mom 'n dads coverage.
One of my good friends ordered an SRT-4 in May (he was 20) insurance quote was around 300/month, he turned 21 about a week before the car was delivered, insurance dropped to $140/month.
Mine is right at $100/month....I put it under my wife as the main driver cause she is older(29):cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
daaaaaammmmmnnnn

·
Registered
37 Posts
hitthecones said:
Wait, so you're 16 and you are driving a 400 hp car? I'll reserve comment here...

Please be careful, for everyone's sake.
:rolleyes: Relax, I am going to many driving schools at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Im not your average teen driver ok. I drove my dads 688rwhp camaro when i had my temps, I can handle 400hp :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
MoparTurbo3R said:
:rolleyes: Relax, I am going to many driving schools at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. Im not your average teen driver ok. I drove my dads 688rwhp camaro when i had my temps, I can handle 400hp :)
im gunna agree with ya because im tired of people saying just because a kid is 16 17 or even 18 they are too inexperianced...the first car i ever drove on open road was a 2004 corvette c6...not quite 688r-hp but it is still up there haha i started driving at 12 (not on the road of course but non the less driving...but yea there are a lot of dumb teen drivers haha like ones in the school parking lot that try fast n the furious im not gunna look at where im going, im gunna look at my girlfriend in the passenger seat and...oops i just hit a light pole at 25 mph in front of about 150 people haha...yea that happened this past skool year to a kid at my school

1 - 20 of 27 Posts