Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my renewal notice in the mail and saw that my insurance has went up roughly 50 bucks every 6 months. Called the insurance company and found out the SS version went from a Class 18 rating to a 21..

Apparently there were a number of wrecks and speeding violations to drive these numbers up.. Damn bastards :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have Geico insurance. I pay $54 a month for my 06 SS/SC. Geico doesn't have a desgination on their website for model so my car simply shows that it's a Cobalt plain and simple. I doubt my rates are going anywhere.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Hey domestic, i live in nc also, mine was a flag 18 before your thread anyways. But I doubt it will go up any for me though, God I hope not...

·
Registered
284 Posts
State Farm told me that my SS/SC was rated in a class 23 when I insured it in January 2006. I already pay $95.29 a month. I have no accidents and have not had a ticket since August 1986. I feel violated every month when I pay my insurance.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
State Farm told me that my SS/SC was rated in a class 23 when I insured it in January 2006. I already pay $95.29 a month. I have no accidents and have not had a ticket since August 1986. I feel violated every month when I pay my insurance.
Don't feel too bad. I also have State Farm, perfect record, over 25, married, full coverage with $250 ded., 3 cars and renters insurance. The SS/SC is over 1/2 the total bill. I think I'm paying about <$130/month just for the SS/SC.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Don't feel too bad. I also have State Farm, perfect record, over 25, married, full coverage with $250 ded., 3 cars and renters insurance. The SS/SC is over 1/2 the total bill. I think I'm paying about <$130/month just for the SS/SC.
yall can kiss my ass :mad: just kidding :D i have a 250 deduct renters all that crap. no accidents or tickets at 240 a month with state farm

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
sounds like you guys need to get from state farm. we have the cobalt and a trailblazer and pay $140 a month. and once my wife turns 25, in 1.5 yrs, we should get more of a discount.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
But State Farm is one of the few that will do renters insurance too. Do you expect me to get nothing when my home burns down? Plus, working in rental cars and often renting cars, State Farm is one of 2 companies I know of that will cover loss of use charges if i'm involved in an accident in a rental car. I had to buy that at an extra cost too. Most other insurance companies don't offer that. So I will stick with that. If I include the cost for the loss of use policy then my total for everything is just over $215/month.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Damn, makes me feel better about my $320/month payment. A couple months 'til my 20th birthday.
Wow, you two need to get on your parents plans or something. I am 23, been in two accidents, had about 5 speeding tickets and only pay 470

for 6 months:) :) . Sorry, don't hate.

·
Registered
237 Posts
my damn payment a month is $477 with state farm, but im only 18 and the car and everything is in my name.
Oh my god ur getting raped i pay 120 a month with like 15 tickets and 2 accidents with state farm but iv had them for 8 years and have home owners insurance i dont complain to much they said it will go down to 95 this month cuz one of my accidents will be taken off, by the way im 26:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
hexonxonx i dont understand how you can oly pay 54$ a month i just did a quote and they said 275$!!!! which is rediculous so i dont know please explain i have a ss/sc 06
I'm 43 years old. Older you get, the lower the rates, I also have a perfect driving record. Two cars insured with Geico cost me $93 a month. And yes I have an 06 SS/SC like you.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
my damn payment a month is $477 with state farm, but im only 18 and the car and everything is in my name.
have you tried progressive.
im 22 and paying 207 a month

·
Registered
5 Posts
I use state farm and when I got it last month for my new 07ss/sc it cost 430$ a month but I just got a letter in the mail saying my new payment is only 260$ a month. This is still steep but under 25 in Ontario is the worst group in Canada for insurance.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
mine is about $218 every two months, and im 21 y/o no speeding tickets, and no accidents.

·
Registered
382 Posts
guess i'm the lucky one... $521 every 6 months for full coverage... no tickets, 28 years old, 5-year good driving discount, military discount, multiple vehicles discount... (my SS/SC, my wife's 00 Cabrio, and my 1970 Buick Skylark, which itself is 140 every six months heh.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts