Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing Premium gas near 3.50 around here is killing me. But I have been managing around 27mpg city and 34 highway. This gas price surge sure is preventing me from speeding and accelerating fast.

·
Registered
56 Posts
ditto, i'm staying off the gas as much as possible. i'm averaging around 32 mpg. which i think is phenominal for all stop and go traffic.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
skater2968 said:
ditto, i'm staying off the gas as much as possible. i'm averaging around 32 mpg. which i think is phenominal for all stop and go traffic.

holy crap that is good. i get like maybe 15-20 in the city, around 27-29 according to the info thing on the highway i also drive 80mph out there too

·
Registered
543 Posts
I was going to try and rig up a taser/stun gun in my car so that if I hit even 1psi of boost it will shock the piss out of me. Here it just depends on what day you buy gas, one day its $3.49, next it's $2.59, back and forth every single day, but it is about $0.30 cheaper on base than off base.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
I was going to try and rig up a taser/stun gun in my car so that if I hit even 1psi of boost it will shock the piss out of me. Here it just depends on what day you buy gas, one day its $3.49, next it's $2.59, back and forth every single day, but it is about $0.30 cheaper on base than off base.
LOL HAHAHA... well gas has been $3.39 since like yeasterday... And i wish i could get some decent gas mileage with my car. 30mpg is really good for a supercharged car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
wow, nice to see the american's are paying what were paying in canada for once, it pretty much the same now,,, jut kidding that sucks, hopefully price go down for you guys soon ! we've been paying about 1.01 /litre for about 8 months now, and with the exchange rate rate it's pretty much the same
btw - 1 gallon = 3.8 litres

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
beeker said:
wow, nice to see the american's are paying what were paying in canada for once, it pretty much the same now,,, jut kidding that sucks, hopefully price go down for you guys soon ! we've been paying about 1.01 /litre for about 8 months now, and with the exchange rate rate it's pretty much the same
btw - 1 gallon = 3.8 litres
Yeah i am hopeing for it to go down to.. :(

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have been babying my car to and from work and have been getting about 30MPG all around on a mostly hwy trip. I am really happy. If I do drive it normally it gets about 25average.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Current issue of Consumer Reports (October, page 22) says Cobalt LS automatics are one of the "worst" fuel-efficient vehicles -- 23 mpg!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Golf Girl said:
Current issue of Consumer Reports (October, page 22) says Cobalt LS automatics are one of the "worst" fuel-efficient vehicles -- 23 mpg!
I seem to average around 8.6L/100km on my standard LS. I've seen it as low as 6.2L/100km on the highway and 8.2L/100km in-town. Seems to really fluctuate when the A/C is on which with the summer we've had was almost ALL the time. Overall I think my average is somewhere around 6.8L/100km on the highway and 9.2L/100km in the city, so I guess I really can't complain since GMs rating was 9.5L/100km in town and 6.1L/100km on the highway. I'm assuming they rated the highway economy at somewhere around 80 - 90 km/h because after 100km/h it steadily climbs and sits around the 6.4 mark where I'm at.

Permafried-

·
Registered
223 Posts
My cobalt DRINKS gas, even when I'm not muscling it, I use like 1/8 tank just going out doing errand for 15 miles :(

·
Registered
345 Posts
hell yeah, i drive my car f***ing slow and I am only getting 24.1 mpg!!! WTF? how are y'all getting 28+???? dang that blows.

·
Registered
306 Posts
ExHondaMan said:
Im not doing TOO bad... getting about 27mpg overall... I typically do about 50% highway.. 50% in town... So I figure im not doing too bad...
I also drive about 50/50 and my overall average for 5000 miles is 27.9 mpg

by the way this includes doing many nights at the drag strip

·
Registered
8 Posts
perform every maintenence protocol way way sooner
----> demanded for mileage!
dont break in engine etc like a buffooon!! lol

all filters and All oils >COOLANTS< changed frequently, way freq!
that includes for the cluless: brake fluid too!

yeah tire pressures high, that is---> whilst cold -
B sure the PZeros are 37 front
and rears 33 psi. ACCURATELY!!!!!

----> if you thought u bought luxury, buy a boat!!
btw B sure to avoid ALL potholes

these ss - s/c'ees are special vehicles.
my 05 black, only option is LSD/recarohs [IE: IT IS LIGHT curb WEIGHT]......,
achieving 27 city, 35 hwy, OH yeah a/ cond is OFF !!

4 more mileage im getting a ss "aspirated" 2.4 vvt soon
and that will get 30 city, 38 hwy.

that is close to what boring-handling diesel golf/jettas r getting!! LOL
enjoy!

prost!

·
Registered
20 Posts
doublevanos said:
4 more mileage im getting a ss "aspirated" 2.4 vvt soon and that will get 30 city, 38 hwy.

that is close to what boring-handling diesel golf/jettas r getting!! LOL enjoy!
My Golf TDI is not boring and doesn't get 30 city/38 hwy, add 10 mpg to both. Get your facts straight before posting, LOL ;)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Golf Girl said:
My Golf TDI is not boring and doesn't get 30 city/38 hwy, add 10 mpg to both. Get your facts straight before posting, LOL ;)
LOL, Nice!

But nothing in his entire post made sense. You never want to change your oil too early. Brand new oil is harder on an engine then old oil.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Gas mileage for me is of maximum concern lately. I got my Saturn so I didn't have to put $60 in gas in it every other week. With gas prices being what they are, and what they're going to be, then I'm royally screwed. So much for getting an apartment. I can't even afford my own car.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
XxGarbSxX said:
Gas mileage for me is of maximum concern lately. I got my Saturn so I didn't have to put $60 in gas in it every other week. With gas prices being what they are, and what they're going to be, then I'm royally screwed. So much for getting an apartment. I can't even afford my own car.
Get a HONDA, AHAHAHAHAHAH. :D :p

1 - 20 of 27 Posts