Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem occasionally when I am shifting into 1st gear especially, it happens especially when I am easy on the gas trying to get off to a slow roll kind of start.

While I am holding at the friction point the car will feel like it has caught so I start to release the clutch. The car will start to jump as if I were flooring it then releasing the gas and repeating. I have noticed it in a few gears (but mostly just 1st), and I know they are poor shifts but this seems to be exaggerated from what I am used to.

I have to this point always driven Hydraulic Clutch cars (I believe this is an electronic clutch, correct?) so I am used to the clutch catching right when you let up the clutch pedal not halfway through.

As of now I am not too concerned about it, I'm just figuring I'm getting used to the new clutch type. Is this normal for the car or should I be concerned about this?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I kinda went through the same thing when i first started driving mine. It just takes some getting used to. The clutch in our cars suck as well.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok that's good. Cuz I was driving an auto Blazer before that for about a year and when I 1st started I was like, "Damn, I forgot how to drive a stick!" If I were to upgrade to a performance clutch would it solve that or would it still do it? Is it the clutch itself or the other components that are cheap?

·
Registered
141 Posts
It will probably still do it but not as bad, and you will get alot better power transfer to the wheels. I believe its just the clutch, but if you get a high perf. clutch, i would definetely upgrade the flywheel and all that. I haven't had to many probs with mine, but it did slip a couple times when I was racing. I have 15k on it

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
the new clutch will help, i know when i first started to drive my car it would do the same thing. but it was the first time i have ever driven a clutch too. after you get used to driving the car it shouldnt jump anymore, are you not giving it the right amount of gas as your letting the clutch go?

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, that's it because I'm trying to get off to a slower start I'm giving it less gas. I have driven many stick cars before and if I had done the same on them then it wouldn't have acted weird at all. It sounds like it's a common problem people have had while adjusting to this car so I'll just give myself a little more time to adjust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts