Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i found out yesterday that i dont have the limited slip :mad:

I asked the dealer and he said it had all the bells and whistles but the sunroof. Since i had bad experiences in the past with holes in the roof i didnt want one (My Monte SS had t-tops...if you notice my sig its a hardtop...ill let you figure out why). But i noticed the seats and i was like, "oh those must be the recaro seats" and he was like yep. I knew the LSD came with the seats so i was happy. I got home and checked the codes, and saw no G85! I went to the dealer yesterday and another guy confirmed it does not have the LSD.

Ghey! well i guess im shit outta luck.

·
Registered
251 Posts
One Kwick SS said:
So i found out yesterday that i dont have the limited slip :mad:

I asked the dealer and he said it had all the bells and whistles but the sunroof. Since i had bad experiences in the past with holes in the roof i didnt want one (My Monte SS had t-tops...if you notice my sig its a hardtop...ill let you figure out why). But i noticed the seats and i was like, "oh those must be the recaro seats" and he was like yep. I knew the LSD came with the seats so i was happy. I got home and checked the codes, and saw no G85! I went to the dealer yesterday and another guy confirmed it does not have the LSD.

Ghey! well i guess im shit outta luck.
God I hate when dealers don't know wtf they're talking about (like the one trying to tell me my LS had 175hp :confused: )...but you've still got a sexy SS/SC..can't go wrong with the two tone leather :D.

For the '05 production year in Canada you coulnd't get the G85 package so no one up here has it except for the few that got a hold of their '06 already actually have the LSD and Recaros in their car. Just think...with that extra money you saved by not upgrading to the G85 (please make sure you didn't pay for it) you could look into the stage kits GM is releasing later this year or early next year ;).

PS: Maybe you should post a pic of your car (just hope it doesn't turn into the other thread lol) since it's in the picture and media post section...either that or one of the admins are going to move it to the appropriate section :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
251 Posts
One Kwick SS said:
actually i got on it and i popped it from first to second and it hit pretty hard without loosing traction. Its not too bad off the line either.
I think the only time you may really notice a difference is during turning at high speeds or when driving in winter conditions...you may hear the tires start to slip a little bit but really how often do you give it hell on a road full of twists and turns :).

Permafried-

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Permafried- said:
God I hate when dealers don't know wtf they're talking about (like the one trying to tell me my LS had 175hp :confused: )...but you've still got a sexy SS/SC..can't go wrong with the two tone leather :D.

For the '05 production year in Canada you coulnd't get the G85 package so no one up here has it except for the few that got a hold of their '06 already actually have the LSD and Recaros in their car. Just think...with that extra money you saved by not upgrading to the G85 (please make sure you didn't pay for it) you could look into the stage kits GM is releasing later this year or early next year ;).

PS: Maybe you should post a pic of your car (just hope it doesn't turn into the other thread lol) since it's in the picture and media post section...either that or one of the admins are going to move it to the appropriate section :).

Permafried-
Sorry again, One Kwick SS.

Are any other companies making LSDs for the car? Maybe some of you guys should try looking for wrecked G85 equipped Cobalts.

·
Registered
251 Posts
tofu said:
There is a site I have bookmarked @ home that has the Quaife (sp) LSD available on their site for our cars, it's $1,400 for the unit though.
That and it's an extremely invasive procedure when it comes to the transmission itself. Someone on .net mentioned they looked into it and GM basically recommends you buy the entire transmission because it could end up costing you less in labour in the long run.

Permafried-

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
One Kwick SS said:
OOOOOO im no fuckin liberal...its internet lingo...don't you ever bring net nerds down to the level of the sespool that is liberals!

HAHAHHAA...Nice. Liberal hippy GHEY lovers are ruining this country. :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
wasey13 said:
HAHAHHAA...Nice. Liberal hippy GHEY lovers are ruining this country. :D
I would not consider myself a liberal and I am not a homosexual, but to say that people of that liking are ruining this country is re-cock-ulous.
This country is about freedom. People come from all over the world to experience the "American Dream". Now, I don't think I am a racist, but would it offend some people if I said our countries problems stem from illegal Mexicans? Or anybody black? How about all of the lazy white trash in this country. Yea, it might offend some people, and some people might agree. The point is that it takes all kinds. Gay, straight, male, female, and all the colors of the rainbow. We are all in this together. As fair as survival of the fittest seems, we aren't barbarians.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
I would not consider myself a liberal and I am not a homosexual, but to say that people of that liking are ruining this country is re-cock-ulous.
This country is about freedom. People come from all over the world to experience the "American Dream". Now, I don't think I am a racist, but would it offend some people if I said our countries problems stem from illegal Mexicans? Or anybody black? How about all of the lazy white trash in this country. Yea, it might offend some people, and some people might agree. The point is that it takes all kinds. Gay, straight, male, female, and all the colors of the rainbow. We are all in this together. As fair as survival of the fittest seems, we aren't barbarians.
Thank you Al Sharpton. :rolleyes: I didn't call liberals ghey, I called them ghey lovers. Ghey lover! Illegal aliens of any kind suck, especially if they refuse to learn THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wasey13 said:
Thank you Al Sharpton. :rolleyes: I didn't call liberals ghey, I called them ghey lovers. Ghey lover! Illegal aliens of any kind suck, especially if they refuse to learn THE NATIONAL LANGUAGE.

exactly i lived in so cal my whole life execpt this last year and one thing i dont miss at all is constantly hearing spanish everywhere i go. especially when they start speaking spanish to you like you understand it or something

·
Registered
95 Posts
wasey13 said:
Al Sharpton... thats good. Who are you, Rush Limbaugh? Or no, I know... Everybodies favorite republican, Dick Cheney, right?
And "Ghey lover"?! Come on. Are you really that narrow minded and immature? Not to mention homophobic. Thats pretty telling of the state of our country.

Fucking sad!!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Stfu democrat.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SoCal Redline said:
Al Sharpton... thats good. Who are you, Rush Limbaugh? Or no, I know... Everybodies favorite republican, Dick Cheney, right?
And "Ghey lover"?! Come on. Are you really that narrow minded and immature? Not to mention homophobic. Thats pretty telling of the state of our country.

Fucking sad!!!
This is what is sad, you liberal hippies can not take jokes. No wonder your mascot is a JACKASS. Also Rush Limbaugh lives/ed here, very smart man just a few problems. You act like being homophobic is a bad thing another thing wrong with you DemocRATS. The only good things democrats have done for this country are freed the slaves, civil rights, and women rights. That is it. Now to list some dee dee dee things you guys have done(or tried to do), allowed fags to "marry", taken GOD out of almost everything, and used a JACKASS for your mascot.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.