Cobalts SS banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

If you have a Chevy Cobalt built between 2005 and 2006 that doesn't have the optional roof-mounted side impact airbags, you could be getting a recall notice in the mail soon. Apparently Chevy (and presumably the NHTSA) discovered that there isn't sufficient padding to meet federal requirements in these vehicles, and unacceptable head injuries could result in a collision. Scary to think there's an acceptable amount of injury that would be tolerated, but anyway. As a fix, dealers will add "energy absorbing plastic" to the headliner trim to help soften the blow should your head strike the headliner in a crash. The recall affects 98,000 Cobalts on the road.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/26/gm-recalls-98-000-cobalt-coupes/

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
have they announced how long it will take to do the recall in labor time

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
and doesnt that balt in the pic look pretty high off the ground

·
Registered
2,649 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
well it will if it gets any higher

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
a set of sportlines will fix the height problem...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
this recall was actually on the news tonight. i guess ill be going up there tomorrow.
hey dont waste ur time the ss sc has side air bags and the recall is for the non-side airbag cars

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
mine came with em, but i wouldnt call it an option. only cabalt in the 3 surrounding states when i bought it. hadnt been off the truck 24 hurs when i drove it off :)

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
theres a screw cover on the A-pillar that says airbag on it that will tell u for sure

1 - 14 of 14 Posts