Cobalts SS banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

General Motors Racing has written the book on how to build high-performance engines for small cars.

Actually, they rewrote it. The new GM Sport Compact Performance Build Book is the second version of the book.

It details the parts and procedures used to prepare Ecotec race engines used by GM Racing at drag race events, as well as engine, transmission, and chassis modifications designed for independent drag racers and road racers.

"Like a true racing cookbook, the book will allow someone with a good shop, some powertrain and chassis knowledge, and build experience, to develop their own Ecotec-powered race car," said Carmen Smith, program manager for GM sport compact drag racing.

A free copy of the build book is available by sending an e-mail request, with mailing address, to [email protected]. The book also will be available at dealers handling GM Performance Parts, for $12.95.

GM has launched a Web site - www.gmtunersource.com - to show what it is doing and has available for the sport-compact market.

- James M. Miller
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000267053238/

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
Any big differences?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Got mine in the mail today. Looks pretty sweet!! I haven't looked at it much yet, got to a part about removing the cams, so I'm guessing it'll tell you how to swap them.

Oldbenwa

·
Registered
347 Posts
i got mine today as well. and i just sent the e-mail on friday wow they are fast :eek:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got mine yesterday too--thanks, GM! :) It's chocked full of awesome stuff. Nice for us 2.2 owners. Notice how the Cobalt Phase5 section, page 130, fig. 276 uses an automatic tranny? Hmmm...interesting, why not manual?

And what does 'Ecotec' mean? They don't say at the front of the book.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Golf Girl said:
Got mine yesterday too--thanks, GM! :) It's chocked full of awesome stuff. Nice for us 2.2 owners. Notice how the Cobalt Phase5 section, page 130, fig. 276 uses an automatic tranny? Hmmm...interesting, why not manual?

And what does 'Ecotec' mean? They don't say at the front of the book.
Automatics are better for drag racing...no mistakes. ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts