Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Indianapolis today and spent a few hours with Rob from Hoosier Performance. What a professional!! Anyway, we dynoed my car and his (the 276 hp one). Here is the dyno from my car to show you guys what I got. Rob dynoed 277 and some change. A couple of guys that Rob runs with also were on the dyno (DAMN!!). All in all it was a great experience and I look forward to doing business with Rob in the future!!
THANKS ROB!!!!!!!!!

This was a 3rd gear pull and it is still way rich, so it STILL needs some tuning to get maximum gains.

Oh yeah, my mods are in my sig!

·
Registered
119 Posts
What pulley was Rob running on his car?

·
Registered
217 Posts
You're running the exact same performance mods as I am (Injen CAI and stage 2) so it gives me a good idea of where I stand now as well. Great to see something legit now as far as a dyno with the stage 2 kit. 250hp and 219 ft.lbs at the wheels is damn impressive. So now when people ask me what kind of numbers I have I can say 250hp and 220ft.lbs and be pretty damn accurate in saying that... Until I go get mine dynoed :D When you get the A/F ratios tuned out some, those numbers will def jump up. Awesome tho man!

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
EastCoastZ said:
What pulley was Rob running on his car?
2006 SS Cobalt, Black/w G85,
INTENSE STG3 w/2.6" + Corsa + SPEC Stg2+ ==

[email protected] 1.82 60'

This is from his sig.... i don't think he can go any smaller but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Nice numbers, hoping to see the same or higher when I hit up the dyno. Should have a 2.8" on when I go. Might have someone going with me that has a MAF-T from the Intense kit, and he's stage 2 as well...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sp00ner said:
Nice numbers, hoping to see the same or higher when I hit up the dyno. Should have a 2.8" on when I go.
Yeah Rob said I should put on a 2.8 pulley and get even more torque so your numbers should reflect that. You are getting it dynoed tomorrow right? Good luck and let that supercharger SCREAM!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
Yeah Rob said I should put on a 2.8 pulley and get even more torque so your numbers should reflect that. You are getting it dynoed tomorrow right? Good luck and let that supercharger SCREAM!!!!
Friday, but my pulley won't be in till Saturday, hopefully RiceEater will be there with a spare 2.8" ring to try.

You didn't try a run with the boost bypass mod did you? I've been data logging, and haven't tried one with the mod. Just to be sure there's no difference.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sp00ner said:
Friday, but my pulley won't be in till Saturday, hopefully RiceEater will be there with a spare 2.8" ring to try.

You didn't try a run with the boost bypass mod did you? I've been data logging, and haven't tried one with the mod. Just to be sure there's no difference.
Nope, I haven't touched a thing on my car except for the CAI and GM stage 2. EVERYTHING else is stock.

·
Registered
454 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
Nope, I haven't touched a thing on my car except for the CAI and GM stage 2. EVERYTHING else is stock.
If Rice goes, he has the 2.6" on his car right now.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Wow... toss a MAF-T on there, lean that thing out a few notches... maybe 260-270 afterwards? Close to it...

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Awesome! Don't forget to post the results!! :D

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Awesome, I can't wait to get to the track as soon as I get mine installed, hopefully this week! :cool:

·
Registered
188 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
I went to Indianapolis today and spent a few hours with Rob from Hoosier Performance. What a professional!! Anyway, we dynoed my car and his (the 276 hp one). Here is the dyno from my car to show you guys what I got. Rob dynoed 277 and some change. A couple of guys that Rob runs with also were on the dyno (DAMN!!). All in all it was a great experience and I look forward to doing business with Rob in the future!!
THANKS ROB!!!!!!!!!

This was a 3rd gear pull and it is still way rich, so it STILL needs some tuning to get maximum gains.

Oh yeah, my mods are in my sig!

Nice Numbers !!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
WOW

very impressive. I noticed in the sig that you have no exhaust modifications either.. that should give you a couple extra hp in the end i would think as well.

A little tune here, and there, and that will get even better. Nice to see that the stage kits are living up to their hype so far.

Have to give this some serious thought now....

·
Registered
454 Posts
Keep in mind, the thing that the dyno will never show, is the increase in accel from the limiter change. Anyone that's got the 7k limiter can tell you how much better it feels on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift points. The 2-3 shift is so nice now...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Keep in mind, the thing that the dyno will never show, is the increase in accel from the limiter change. Anyone that's got the 7k limiter can tell you how much better it feels on the 1-2 and 2-3 shift points. The 2-3 shift is so nice now...

Ya know... never thought about that..... Makes a ton of sense.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Sp00ner said:
Wow... toss a MAF-T on there, lean that thing out a few notches... maybe 260-270 afterwards? Close to it...
Anyone know if a MAF-T will void the warrenty? Is there an AFPR for these cars yet?

·
Registered
217 Posts
Where can I pick-up a good MAF-T or something to help with the A/F ratio?

·
Registered
454 Posts
You can buy the MAF-T from Intense for $170 or so. That's what I'm planning on doing as well.

Even if the MAF-T 'voids the warranty', you simply pop it off and go right back to stock before any work is done to the car. With the stage kit and the MAF-T, you're using it for fine tuning to top end, so the car will be fine with it removed.

However, you really need a dyno to tune it correctly, and a wideband A/F meter...

·
Registered
431 Posts
You don't have to cut/solder the MAF-T?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts