Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for awhile now everytime this certain 5.0 mustang would see me he would rev it up and bark tires and all that mess. Even when i had car trouble and was getting it towed he came by and reved it up. So tonight i saw him in the road and pulled up beside him we were both going about 40 i was in 3rd gear when he got on it i quickly downshifted to 2nd and pulled him hard all the way through third so im pretty sure he wont be revving it up again. lol.

mods:
me-cai
him- exhaust and whatever else.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Good kill, awesome! I hate those Poontangs anyways, they are "Me Too" cars around here. "Have you got a mustang?" "Me too!" Dime a dozen..... I killed an 06 GT about a month ago, I didnt think anyone else saw me, but evidently I've gotten some rep around A-town that I killed a fast GT, so it makes me feels good. I try to fly under the radar, and have the sleeper, and it works!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Good kill, awesome! I hate those Poontangs anyways, they are "Me Too" cars around here. "Have you got a mustang?" "Me too!" Dime a dozen..... I killed an 06 GT about a month ago, I didnt think anyone else saw me, but evidently I've gotten some rep around A-town that I killed a fast GT, so it makes me feels good. I try to fly under the radar, and have the sleeper, and it works!
It feels good beating an 06 doesn't it? I've got some respect for it too. But I was foolish enough to post it here first and almost everybody BS'd me. Nice kill on the stangs everybody. This goes to show that they aren't untouchable.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mustangs = asssholes they stink and everyone has one.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I hate Mustanks. That's all you see in my neck of the woods. I kill the v6's like rats eat cheese. Or nuts and grains because they like those better. Congrats on your kill man. Cocky 5.0 bastards... not all, just most.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Nice kill. LoL I actually like mustangs alot unlike most of the guys that have posted. Beating a stock 5.0 is very doable. Beating an 06 GT would be a little more difficult. If your modded and their stock it's a heck of a race. But your racing the driver not the car so I don't know why someone would call BS. I'd think the Mustang GT would win 8 out of 10 times but they can be beat just like everything else.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, well im sure i will see him again.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Nice kill. LoL I actually like mustangs alot unlike most of the guys that have posted. Beating a stock 5.0 is very doable. Beating an 06 GT would be a little more difficult. If your modded and their stock it's a heck of a race. But your racing the driver not the car so I don't know why someone would call BS. I'd think the Mustang GT would win 8 out of 10 times but they can be beat just like everything else.
I have to agree with most of what you posted. It is a drivers race. It always is. If it was just the car then there would be no point to racing. As for a modded SS/SC being required to beat an 06 GT, how modded are you referring to? I beat one with only an Injen CAI.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have to agree with most of what you posted. It is a drivers race. It always is. If it was just the car then there would be no point to racing. As for a modded SS/SC being required to beat an 06 GT, how modded are you referring to? I beat one with only an Injen CAI.
Fine, modded required to beat a GT at altitudes most of us live at. Stop running around like your special case is "the way it is".

As for the BS's earlier, I'll take them back or at least highly reduce them... the extremely important altitude detail was missing, and you conveniently didn't mention it ;) and no... I don't have a flippin' clue where salt lake city is (well, general idea I guess), or even utah for that matter other than "kinda on the right-ish, but not fully right"

Edit: Just checked a map, I guessed that Utah was Wyoming... oh well, close I guess

·
Registered
478 Posts
eather you live at some funky altitude or he wasent raceing or this cars driver is among the worst in the world.

the new GT's are no joke if you compare them to what they used to be.

the funny thing is that the new GT's are a solid car for the price is just about every aspect BUT the new gt500 puts up big numbers but it has the WORST gearig i've ever seen...500hp and it only runs a 12.9

·
Registered
174 Posts
eather you live at some funky altitude or he wasent raceing or this cars driver is among the worst in the world.

the funny thing is that the new GT's are a solid car for the price is just about every aspect BUT the new gt500 puts up big numbers but it has the WORST gearig i've ever seen...500hp and it only runs a 12.9
Do you know how much a GT500 weighs? I'm not sure but it's a lot! But i still want one.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Fine, modded required to beat a GT at altitudes most of us live at. Stop running around like your special case is "the way it is".

As for the BS's earlier, I'll take them back or at least highly reduce them... the extremely important altitude detail was missing, and you conveniently didn't mention it ;) and no... I don't have a flippin' clue where salt lake city is (well, general idea I guess), or even utah for that matter other than "kinda on the right-ish, but not fully right"

Edit: Just checked a map, I guessed that Utah was Wyoming... oh well, close I guess
Ok, I'll stop. I don't know why, but your calling BS just got me and I was on a campaign to prove myself. But you are right. Enough is enough.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do you know how much a GT500 weighs? I'm not sure but it's a lot! But i still want one.
I'm not sure how much a GT500 weighs, but I don't think it is too much more that a GT. The biggest problem with that car (in my $0.02) is that the rear wheels are too skinny which is hurting it when it comes to getting the power down. I agree that it should be quicker for the amount of power it has.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm not sure how much a GT500 weighs, but I don't think it is too much more that a GT. The biggest problem with that car (in my $0.02) is that the rear wheels are too skinny which is hurting it when it comes to getting the power down. I agree that it should be quicker for the amount of power it has.
GT comes in at 3500, GT500 at 4000... I guess the 500 stands for lbs?? ;)

Totally agreed on the tires. Regular GT has the same problem... 235's, 235!!!! Gah! Drives me up the wall. Once the stockers are toast there's definitely a beefier wheel/tire combo going back there. I've seen 285's but it's just the wrong look, a 265 keeps the more "correct" 60's look for the car. The only thing I can come up with is they didn't want to do different front/rear, but then why not 245's all-round?? (this is the regular GT)

·
Registered
174 Posts
GT comes in at 3500, GT500 at 4000... I guess the 500 stands for lbs?? ;)

Totally agreed on the tires. Regular GT has the same problem... 235's, 235!!!! Gah! Drives me up the wall. Once the stockers are toast there's definitely a beefier wheel/tire combo going back there. I've seen 285's but it's just the wrong look, a 265 keeps the more "correct" 60's look for the car. The only thing I can come up with is they didn't want to do different front/rear, but then why not 245's all-round?? (this is the regular GT)
I knew it must be heavy, Isn't the GT500 the Iron block 5.4L?

PS: have any of you heard the SC whine stock? It's so bad ass! Imgaine a better air box and smaller pulley. Ears might bleed!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Spending that much money for a car that is legendary in the 60's for the sole purpose of performance and then finding out it out ways everyone in its category and doesn't make up for it seems a bit pointless. I say buy a GT and fake it till you make it. That was if I even liked Mustangs. I'm one of those Camaro guys...

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
anybody think that the balts need wider tires

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
4,083 Posts

bolt ons and it runs 10's.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts