Cobalts SS banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I'm not here as a troll/flamer, so please don't turn this into a peon vs slobalt pissing contest. Anyways...

I was getting some gas tonight and as I was finishing up I noticed a blue SS across the parking lot with the hood up. Since I haden't seen one in person yet I walked over and talked with the owner for a bit about the usual, how long he'd had it, how fast, how much do you like it. Said that he had just left a show and a guy there had told him about a port to block that would bump the boost by a couple of pounds and he wanted to give it a shot before he got back on the highway. We both leave and get on I91 heading north. We pull next to each other and I gesture forward and he nods sure. I drop it to third while he punch's it (better prepared then I was) and he jumps a car on me, and we're off, I'm reeling him in nicely when we come up on a truck in his lane and we have to slow down. He jumps over behind me and we cruise along in the left lane waiting for traffic to clear up, I manage to get over at one point but he gets stuck for a bit. He finally gets a hole and jumps behind me real quick and then back into the left lane and punch's it. I wait till he's at my rear door (he is at WOT mind you) and then I go, we went to about a 120-130 and I had about two cars on him at the end. We slowed down gave each other a thumbs up and then it was my exit. Good race and a nice guy, guess it's time to do some upgrades.

Just for the record - Me = Stage 1, 2.5" cai (homemade alum with header wrap) and boost set to 18 falling to 15 - Him = Looked stock, except for a couple of extra pounds, maybe?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Racing an SRT4 in 3rd gear is not really this cars strong point! I wouldn't trust that little trick neither. It's probably good for CEL! Nice kill.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Oh... I knew it couldnt be a Dub. 1. There is no stage 1. 2. A catback and reflashed ecu would only give it ~185whp-190whp (talking about the 1.8T here)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
It's either a Dodge Omni or Charger (Shelby/Daytona I think) GLH. One of those. :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'd take GLH to mean like... GLH :) turbo'd dodge omni from the mid-80's. Baaaddddddass little cars at the time. If you're really still running one, SWEEEET :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wasey13 said:
It's either a Dodge Omni or Charger (Shelby/Daytona I think) GLH. One of those. :p
Hit the nail right on the head, in my case an omni, and yes the car tonight was my srt.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Omni GLH Turbo Came around in 1985 with 146hp non-intercooled 8V 2.2 4cyl, and rolled out more power in 1986 with the GLHS, intercooled, 174 hp 2.2 turbo.

www.allpar.com and www.thedodgegarage.com are both good sites for info on these engines which also appeared in almost every K car Derivative, even the Dodge Caravan in 89-90.

I own a 85 turbo Z converted to TII with 14 Psi, and I just traded in my 89 ES turbo for the SS. :D

These cars are cheap and easy to make fast, as junkyard parts are plentiful!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Don't forget

Goes
Hell
S'more!

Kina like these giant speaker cabinets Fender had in the 70's... XFL. Decoding the acronym is left as an exercise for the reader

1 - 12 of 12 Posts