Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well my dad got a Pontiac Solstice from the GM plant to test on thursday, we have it for a week. Alls I can say about this car is WOW it is fast, and is sweet for the price. It is 2800lbs it has 177hp and 166lbs of torque and is a almost perfectly 50/50 balanced 2 seater w/convertable top. This car flys, its a 5spd it doesnt rip but is till good for a 4banger. (Everyone happy now or should I fix any other mistakes) :rolleyes: Here are a few pics

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Oh man that car looks a whole lot better with its top down. They are bad ass though. Also just to let you know Ecotec does not = variable valve timing. Ecotec is just the name of the series of motors, like zetec and duretec for Ford,... B, K, D, F, H series for Honda,... Hemi for Dodge,... Vortec for GM and so on.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yes Ecotec does not automatically mean VVT, but the 2.4 in the Solstice does indeed have VVT.

And I'm sorry but if you think a stock base solstice rips you need to ride in a performance car more often.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SuperSport said:
Well my dad got a Pontiac Solstice from the GM plant to test on thursday, we have it for a week. Alls I can say about this car is WOW it is fast, and is sweet for the price. It starts at under $20,000, it is 2800lbs it has 177hp and over 200lbs of torque and is a almost perfectly 50/50 balanced 2 seater w/convertable top. This car flys, its a 5spd with varaible timing (ecotec as Cobalt guys like to call it) and this thing just rips threw every gear. Here are a few pics I took out in the driveway:

177hp and only 166 ft/lbs of torque. Where did you get over 200 from??? Under $20k it is base everything, no power windows or locks, no rear lsd, no ASB, no cruise control. For most people that car starts $22,500. :) Still very sweet, I can't wait to see how much higher they price the Sky at. Probably $22k but they will have all the features above standard. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
SuperSport said:
Well my dad got a Pontiac Solstice from the GM plant to test on thursday, we have it for a week. Alls I can say about this car is WOW it is fast, and is sweet for the price. It starts at under $20,000, it is 2800lbs it has 177hp and over 200lbs of torque and is a almost perfectly 50/50 balanced 2 seater w/convertable top.

i too would like to know where you got the 200+ trq cause i just looked it up and it only has 166 thats quoted from pontiac.com

·
Registered
364 Posts
do you know what ignorance means? let me give you an example. saying a car has over 200 ft lbs of torque when it really has 166. thats ignorance. i dont know why you got all mad and i dont think anyone "ripped" the thread apart. they just said the real torque so no one else is misinformed and that you made it sound a lot faster then it really is.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Look I fixed it, THE SOLSTICE DOES NOT HAVE OVER 200LBS OF TORQUE, LIED BECAUSE I AM A IGNORANT SOB. IT IS NOT A CAR THAT RIPS BECUASE IT IS NOT A PERFORAMNCE CAR BUT IS NICE FOR A 2 SEATER 4BANGER. (is everyone happy, just want to make sure I wouldnt want to make any mistakes and make anyone else have to correct them) By the way I am ignarant an I apologize, ADD sucks balls because I get things bass ackwards. On a funny note

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
SuperSport said:
Look I fixed it, THE SOLSTICE DOES NOT HAVE OVER 200LBS OF TORQUE, LIED BECAUSE I AM A IGNORANT SOB. IT IS NOT A CAR THAT RIPS BECUASE IT IS NOT A PERFORAMNCE CAR BUT IS NICE FOR A 2 SEATER 4BANGER. (is everyone happy, just want to make sure I wouldnt want to make any mistakes and make anyone else have to correct them) By the way I am ignarant an I apologize, I stated false specs so therefore I am an A$$HOLE! ;)
Lol, its ok SuperSport. So what color is it???

1 - 20 of 31 Posts