Cobalts SS banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to get an inspection today and the guy ran a diagnostic on my car because of the check engine light. He came back with codes: P0013, P0106, P0128, P0171, P0420. But the question is, which one to start off with because one could be throwing off another and I don't know what to start with. So can someone please help me? Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
so you have the 2.4 SS? there is a write up here on this site. i just dont remember where it is. should tell you what they are. when they ran the test, they didnt print off what they were?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of them came back a map sensor and the others didn't give a clear picture of what they were. Like saying unknown and giving descriptions on one.

·
1,087 Posts
P0013 - Exhaust camshaft position sensor is most likely bad - look into replacing it.

P0106- any intake vac leak will cause that code

[ECM] P0128 - Coolant Thermostat. Replace the thermostat.

P0717- oxygen sensor is bad or the air intake cover is loose and leaking vacuum to the throttle body assembly.

P0420- catalytic efficiency. Probably due to the O2 sensor.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
P0013 - Exhaust camshaft position sensor is most likely bad - look into replacing it.

P0717- oxygen sensor is bad or the air intake cover is loose and leaking vacuum to the throttle body assembly.

This is very helpful. Thank you Red and everybody else with your inputs. But do you think one of those sensors are throwing off the others or are these all isolated...how could I know? Thank you guys in advance.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

So P0717 could be throwing off P0420 (or vice versa) or P0106?
And the cps sensor was changed last year so I'll look into warrantying it out.
Is there some sort of tube or vacuum line going to the intake or around the intake...how could I identify it?

·
1,087 Posts
This is very helpful. Thank you Red and everybody else with your inputs. But do you think one of those sensors are throwing off the others or are these all isolated...how could I know? Thank you guys in advance.
Yes, these certain codes could be set off by others.

So P0717 could be throwing off P0420 (or vice versa) or P0106?
And the cps sensor was changed last year so I'll look into warrantying it out.
Is there some sort of tube or vacuum line going to the intake or around the intake...how could I identify it?
To check the lines, run it and spray soap and water from a squirtbottle on the vacuum lines to see if there is a leak. And that sensor should be a warranty item.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts