Cobalts SS banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever just wanted to take off hard from a stop sign? Or take your car to the track and just want to launch perfectly to see just how fast your car is in the 1/4 mile? If you car is like mine than all you did for the most part was hop in place. Kind of feels like the car will just shatter. Well my buddies at Ingalls Eng. have produced what I feel should be your first modification. The "Stiffy". No it’s not anything sexual, it’s actually an engine torque damper that gets mounted on engine mount located on the passenger side of the Cobalt, and stops the engine from rocking back and forth allowing the drive wheel to come off the ground. It was extremely easy to install, approx. 40 min. It is completely adjustable so you can customize the stiffness. Now the idle did vibrate through the car a little bit. Will it give you shaken baby syndrome? Not a chance. Really you only need a couple of tools.

Tools Required:
-15 mm combo wrench
-17 mm combo wrench
-15 mm deep socket
-18 mm deep socket
-11/16 combo wrench
-vice grips

I love it. Easy install, dresses up under the hood, and IT WORKS!!! I just want to give a special thanks to the guys @ Ingalls

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I even went so far as to paint the brackets gloss Black with engine enamel. the finish should last a long time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.