Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$2016.00 for hitting a simple tire in the road. Oh well I only pay $250 :D
BTW the repair includes replacing ALL 3, YES THREE, radiators. The radiator itself, the auxialary radiator and the a/c condenser. Repairing the main front bumber cover and replacing it's bottom valance with painting to both parts and replacing the black air deflector attached to the radiators.

·
Registered
251 Posts
dervin3 said:
$2016.00 for hitting a simple tire in the road. Oh well I only pay $250 :D
BTW the repair includes replacing ALL 3, YES THREE, radiators. The radiator itself, the auxialary radiator and the a/c condenser. Repairing the main front bumber cover and replacing it's bottom valance with painting to both parts and replacing the black air deflector attached to the radiators.
Yikes...guess that tire really did a number on the car lol. I'm assuming your insurance isn't going up because this was something that really couldn't be avoided?

Permafried-

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Technically it COULD have been avoided but in my situation I couldn't avoid it. I assume my insurance wouldn't go up. I'm praying...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I sense insurance rising, since this will be a collision claim (basically an at fault accident) Should have lied to em and told them it was an animal, then it would have been a comp. claim. I went through this same hassle with my cavalier, and ended up paying for it the next 3 years. BASTARD INSURANCE

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
selfinfliction said:
lol i didn't know there was such a thing unless you were in a semi....

a tire + highway vs. small sedan = big deal lol
I know being a small car and going at highway speeds would definately cause damage, but after looking over everything and I mean everything front to back, I had no idea it would be near 2000. Everything lookd like it could have been snapped back together and a new radiator installed but there were a few extra parts I didn't realize were there such as the auxialary radiator. I thought it was just radiator and a/c condenser.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2K2CamaroSS said:
I sense insurance rising, since this will be a collision claim (basically an at fault accident) Should have lied to em and told them it was an animal, then it would have been a comp. claim. I went through this same hassle with my cavalier, and ended up paying for it the next 3 years. BASTARD INSURANCE
What's your insurance company? I deal with State Farm and after a speeding ticket(44 in a 25), an accident in which my car was totaled but I purchased back and repaired myself and also while my car was getting repaired my rental car was sideswiped in a walmart parking lot and now the incident with my Cobalt, my insurance has yet to go up.

·
Registered
57 Posts
dervin3 said:
What's your insurance company? I deal with State Farm and after a speeding ticket(44 in a 25), an accident in which my car was totaled but I purchased back and repaired myself and also while my car was getting repaired my rental car was sideswiped in a walmart parking lot and now the incident with my Cobalt, my insurance has yet to go up.
I'm with american national property and casualty insurance. I'm guessing the accident wasn't your fault(IE you weren't issued a ticket), and the rental car would have been a comp. claim for you were not at fault(or you opted for insurance on the rental). I made two claims for hit and runs on my cavy and rates were never affected.

I guess you have a good insurance company if your rates have not increased.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The wife of my friend who backed into my SS in their driveway also has State Farm, and her insurance hasn't gone up any either. She has 2 other at-fault accidents in the past 3 years, also, not to mention quite a few speeding tickets. I've got Nationwide, with no accidents and 2 speeding tickets on my record (one 13 over and the other 16 over), my rates literally doubled...

·
Registered
251 Posts
dervin3 said:
Omg you just have all the luck lol. This could be counted as a collision but I would hope they would take into consideration the time of night you were driving at and the fact that it was a "piece of debris" in the middle of the highway. After all the other run-ins you've had which involved vehicles I can't see them raising your insurance for a truck tire :confused:.

Permafried-

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah State Farm is sweet, they also came through for me when I couldn't finance a loan for my Cobalt through the dealer and my banking institute and yeah I was never at fault for an accident. They only ticket I got was the speeding one.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I eat Lucky Charms, thats about it lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Has anyone else had an incident with a tire or animal or something and filed a claim and insurance DIDN'T go up?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's been 5 days now and no call saying my parts are in. Anyone else damaged their vehicle when it was rather new? Do new vehicles take longer to get parts in? I can't take driving this cavy anymore :(

·
Registered
251 Posts
I would assume since GM seems to have a shortage on a lot of parts for the Cobalts that you might be waiting a while, especially since '06 production will be in full swing. I wouldn't get my hopes up for getting the car back anytime soon :(.

Permafried-

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
But the parts I need I don't see why anyone would need them unless they hit something like I did. I mean come on a radiator, bottom valance to the front bumber? Why would people need lots of those?

·
Registered
251 Posts
dervin3 said:
But the parts I need I don't see why anyone would need them unless they hit something like I did. I mean come on a radiator, bottom valance to the front bumber? Why would people need lots of those?
Pretty much because they'll be the same parts which are being put on the '06 models from the factory so they will be using them left right and center on production. I would also assume they wouldn't keep a huge overstock of the bumpers and valances since they make a limited number of SS' every year. I'll keep my eye out for posts from others who have been buying these parts for their cars (I know one LS owner over on .net bought the bumper and valance and I think it took something like a week to come in). As for the rad I have no clude, I would assume it would be identical to the one installed on the non-ss models as well but I could be wrong.

Just keep your fingers crossed, maybe they'll show up at your dealer after the weekend :).

Permafried-

1 - 20 of 24 Posts