·
Registered
143 Posts
Or........... what tune?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got it printed out, not quit sure how to post it tho. dynojet tune, dude i met at walmart with a solstice did it for me. tuned it down a lil bit, 275hp @20psi boost anything over 20psi the boost cuts out on me after a few seconds. not quite sure why its doing that. im thinkin maybe the wastegate.

·
Registered
70 Posts
got it printed out, not quit sure how to post it tho. dynojet tune, dude i met at walmart with a solstice did it for me. tuned it down a lil bit, 275hp @20psi boost anything over 20psi the boost cuts out on me after a few seconds. not quite sure why its doing that. im thinkin maybe the wastegate.
Probably more like the MAP sensor pegging out.

·
Super Moderator
1,639 Posts
it would be in your intake. and you have to buy a 3 bar MAF, whats happeing is that your boosting so much that turbo is pulling so much air past the MAF that its thinks somthing is messed up. but you have to watch out for boosting that much. Whats going to happen is the head studs are going to strech and the head gasket will start leaking. I have had the problem on my car for some time. taking it to the dealership next week to get it fixed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
it would be in your intake. and you have to buy a 3 bar MAF, whats happeing is that your boosting so much that turbo is pulling so much air past the MAF that its thinks somthing is messed up. but you have to watch out for boosting that much. Whats going to happen is the head studs are going to strech and the head gasket will start leaking. I have had the problem on my car for some time. taking it to the dealership next week to get it fixed.
Um do you mean a 3 bar map sensor? "bar" is a unit of pressure. Maf sensors dont measure pressure.

·
Registered
70 Posts
what is that? and how do i fix it to run more than 20lbs of boost? it is starting to piss me off!
Personally, I would just get the tune adjusted to run 22 psi max. More boost doesn't mean more power. It usually means you need to free up some airflow with a downpipe. The 3 bar MAP sensors for these cars is currently only available in the turbo upgrade kit from GM, which costs $480. There are other 3 bar MAP sensors that will work, but the wiring harness has to be hacked to accomodate them. Just tune it down a little. On a side note, you could have possibly blown one or both of your MAP sensors.

·
Registered
70 Posts
so i should get a good intake, headers, and downpipe first. before trying out the map sensors?
Get a downpipe, do the free airbox mod, then see if your boost drops a little. A catless DP is only about $200 and the airbox mod is free. With those boost numbers, you might also look into an intercooler, but that's gonna cost you.

Or, you could spend the money on a GMS1 kit, then get the tune you want put over that. Then, you'll have the 3 bar MAP sensors.

Either way, with a tune or with hardware, you need to lower your boost. Your turbo just won't last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts