Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm leaving Walmart and I am sitting in the parking lot trying to make a phone call (I hate trying to drive and use my cell phone) so I hang up and see this STI fly by pretty fast...

So I :D and hurry and head out the parking lot, mean while he hit a red light right next to Walmart, so again I'm like :D .

So I pull up next to him and open my downpipe (Needwings FTW baby), the light goes green and I casually take off... These guys in a Riced out Honda Civic pull up next to me and say, "Race the STi, race the STi". So I just give them a nod.

So I look over at the STi and he starts revving on me, at this time we're both going about 40MPH.

So... we take off.......... VROOM VROOM ZOOMM...

Well, almost immediately I put a car length or so on him. So I begin to think, there is no way he is stock. Well I slow down and he smiles and gives me a thumbsup, so I'm like, "Wow an STi driver that isn't a homo!" so I smile kindly at him.

We slow down and he asks, "Whats done to your car?"
To save time and engery I just say "Stage 2, Exhaust and a few other things"
He ask, "You still on the stock turbo and software?"
I say, "Yeah".
He's like "Its fast!",
So I ask what he is running and he says, "Cobb Stage 2, 3" TBE, CAI, and FMIC and he said he dyno'd 320AWHP"
I was like "Nice".
He said and he has never raced a SRT4 but now respects them.

I then turned and went home.
----------

He was a cool guy and all, but Im sure he was somewhat bent out of shape lol... I've yet to lose to an STi from a roll... Im sure I will eventually though lol... Just had to share my lovely story.

THE END!

PS
My Race FMIC, CAI, and Fuel Pump are NOT installed yet... so those mods were NOT on my car during this.

I was also on my stock Map... my DTEC wasnt active so I was hitting nice low 9-10s AFRs. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Anyone who owns a AWD and races from a roll is stupid. what ever advantage that extra 800lb or so your toteing around is wasted. all races should go from a dead stop. not knocking you he was dumb enough to race you. good kill
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
whodis said:
so many guys have sti's now and they all think they are fast. so it's good to hear someone losing. i like it.
Not trying to start an arguement, but STI's are fast.


And good kill :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cobaltltblue said:
Anyone who owns a AWD and races from a roll is stupid. what ever advantage that extra 800lb or so your toteing around is wasted. all races should go from a dead stop. not knocking you he was dumb enough to race you. good kill
Yea well when you're just cruising, it wouldnt make much sense to just stop in the middle of the road, then race, or to wait for a red light. Its just "Racing on the go".... ya know.

His car maybe faster on the street from a dig, but at the track, well thats another story.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
cobaltltblue said:
Anyone who owns a AWD and races from a roll is stupid. what ever advantage that extra 800lb or so your toteing around is wasted. all races should go from a dead stop. not knocking you he was dumb enough to race you. good kill
yeah it is kinda stupid for a awd car to race from a roll, like he said extra weight and money wasted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
16sy16 said:
Not trying to start an arguement, but STI's are fast.


And good kill :cool:
STIs are fast off the line but thats it. Yea they are some really nice modded ones that are WAYYYYYYYYYY fast.

But from a roll STIs arent that fast nor are EVOs.

A stock SRT4 can beat an EVO from a roll and be door to door with an STI. Those are just facts. But STIs and EVOs with a good driver are BEAST from a dig...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
431 Posts
Yes, but SRT4 are what I consider fast too :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
16sy16 said:
Yes, but SRT4 are what I consider fast too :D

lol, well thanks!

I raced an STI this weekend from a dig, video will be posted soon. He got me off the line good, but I still beat him! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Orlandoech said:
STIs are fast off the line but thats it. Yea they are some really nice modded ones that are WAYYYYYYYYYY fast.

But from a roll STIs arent that fast nor are EVOs.

A stock SRT4 can beat an EVO from a roll and be door to door with an STI. Those are just facts. But STIs and EVOs with a good driver are BEAST from a dig...
Took the words out of my mouth .
:cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Orlandoech said:
STIs are fast off the line but thats it. Yea they are some really nice modded ones that are WAYYYYYYYYYY fast.

But from a roll STIs arent that fast nor are EVOs.

A stock SRT4 can beat an EVO from a roll and be door to door with an STI. Those are just facts. But STIs and EVOs with a good driver are BEAST from a dig...
thats like saying neons are slow from a launch because they can't...launch that is....LOL oops i commited SRT-4 crime i called it a neon LOL just kidding. i still argue that a STi will beat you on a track road, drag or rally driven properly any not a crazy ammount of money invested in it. hey for some goo fun go race 16sy16' scyclone form a stop!!! HA HA all in good fun
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cobaltltblue said:
thats like saying neons are slow from a launch because they can't...launch that is....LOL oops i commited SRT-4 crime i called it a neon LOL just kidding. i still argue that a STi will beat you on a track road, drag or rally driven properly any not a crazy ammount of money invested in it. hey for some goo fun go race 16sy16' scyclone form a stop!!! HA HA all in good fun

Think what you want, AWD is only good from a launch... they have a lot of drivetrain loss.

I pulled a 1.87 60' at the track and most Evos and STis pull a 1.7 or 1.8 if the driver is good, they usually pull a 1.9-2.1.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
good kill mang.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
16sy16 said:
Not trying to start an arguement, but STI's are fast.


And good kill :cool:
Quick... yes... fast... not so much.

Look at trap speeds... they are damn quick from a stop but you would think they wouldn't mess around from too many roll ons.

Good kill btw. I am sure at that level he would have dusted me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
S8ER95Z said:
Quick... yes... fast... not so much.

Look at trap speeds... they are damn quick from a stop but you would think they wouldn't mess around from too many roll ons.

Good kill btw. I am sure at that level he would have dusted me.

Thanks! I agree with the quick, not fast...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
STI's will put you back in your seat for 1st and 2nd, then 3rd hits and your like, what happened to the power? They are horrible in the top end. The AWD system weighs I believe 800 pounds more then our FWD. Rule of them is that 100 pounds = .1 which also equals one car length. Thats 8 car lengths guys. Sure STI's and Evos are impressive at the tack, but race one on he street past 100mph and come back with some input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Still, trap speed is an indication on how well you will do from a roll.


Stock STi's trap around the 100 mark. I agree STi's and EVO's suck from a roll in their stock form, but can be pretty quick on the stock turbo with smart mods.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
West Palm SRT4 said:
STI's will put you back in your seat for 1st and 2nd, then 3rd hits and your like, what happened to the power? They are horrible in the top end. The AWD system weighs I believe 800 pounds more then our FWD. Rule of them is that 100 pounds = .1 which also equals one car length. Thats 8 car lengths guys. Sure STI's and Evos are impressive at the tack, but race one on he street past 100mph and come back with some input.
I agree, but so many people over-rate Evo's and STI's is pathetic, because on the street yea the AWD is good from 0-60mph but after that well they are teh gayness.

And at the track they dont launch that much faster than an SRT4 on slicks.
 
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Top