Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys I have been on the site about a week which is about as long as I have had my Cobalt SS. After reading most of the threads on here I realized in reality we had nothing to buy as of yet. Disappointed to say the least I started making some calls.

Here is the news (From a very reliable source inside GMPP not your local dealership parts clown)
GMPP (GM Performace Parts) will have some upgrade kits for our cars really soon. I don't have much detail YET (but soon) but I know stage I is a pulley, injectors, and a computer program and a few other tricks. I know they will have two Stages and I should have more details by next week on everything I will keep everbody up to date. I am sure these parts will comply with warranty for all you warranty bitches and I am sure they are proven with good development and quality. He gave me HP numbers but I am going to wait and post the offical stuff soon as I see it on paper and I should have it in my hand next week.

Don't give up yet boy help is on the way.

·
Registered
454 Posts
No offense, but I've heard this before... They've had the staged parts listed in the SCCA rulebook for almost a year now... I hope to god you're right though... If they don't do something with the ECU, the rest of the stuff is already out there. Pullies, injectors, etc, etc... any specifics? The ECU is the biggest thing needed... you can get everything else already...

·
Registered
765 Posts
DANG!! You are evil I was getting all excited when you mentioned HP numbers and then you let me down!! How could you!!??!??!? :( LOL

J/K keep us posted!!!

·
Registered
543 Posts
as for the warranty...I wonder if it will be like the mopar stages...where noted on the products is "no for use on pollution controlled vehicles"
still its good news to hear gm is standing behind the CSS and starting to produce performance upgrades, I knew it wouldn't take long.

·
Registered
765 Posts
mm_omega2 said:
as for the warranty...I wonder if it will be like the mopar stages...where noted on the products is "no for use on pollution controlled vehicles"
still its good news to hear gm is standing behind the CSS and starting to produce performance upgrades, I knew it wouldn't take long.

What kind of warranty do you guys get when you put on Mopars stages?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
krzykarl said:
damn evil you got a big garage to fit all those toys... lol
Yeah it is pretty big about 40' by 80' :D

Anyway the guy I talked to was on the Performance Parts Cobalt Team he is the man when it comes to the Cobalt. This is not some BS rumor it is from one of the main guys. Anyway they are going to release everything officially at the PRI show but I should have all the offical info next week. At least the basics of what the kits comes with and how much power we can expect. Stayed tuned soon as I know something you will too.

·
Registered
297 Posts
evilcobaltSS said:
Yeah it is pretty big about 40' by 80' :D

Anyway the guy I talked to was on the Performance Parts Cobalt Team he is the man when it comes to the Cobalt. This is not some BS rumor it is from one of the main guys. Anyway they are going to release everything officially at the PRI show but I should have all the offical info next week. At least the basics of what the kits comes with and how much power we can expect. Stayed tuned soon as I know something you will too.
I am anxiously awaiting, and thanks a bunch for the investigative news and taking the time to check into this for us. You will probably make a bunch of COBALT owners happy next week.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Maybe if you've got some spare time you could also prod him about the S/C kit they're supposed to be releasing for the 2.2L ;);). Good to hear GM is pushing out the upgrades though...people are getting REALLY antsy waiting around for upgrades for both the SS and non-SS models.

Permafried-

·
Registered
227 Posts
I hope this is true, nothing better than cost effective, warranty covered performance upgrades!

·
Banned
65 Posts
I had to do a double take on the title, I thought it said Help is on the way GIMP, I was like hell no!!! Keep the gimp out of here. Yall seen pulp fiction, gimps need not apply. Good news on the upgrades, should make things interesting on the streets real soon I hope! :cool:

·
Registered
80 Posts
ECU, Injectors, and a Pully should be around $600. If they start adding sensors and such you are probly looking at the same prices Mopar put out with the S2 w/o toys.

I wouldn't get all excited about the warrantied parts just yet. This smells of the same situation as what happened to the SRT-4. It is a "cobalt team" designer making parts with the aid of other people. Anyone else having deja vu?

·
Registered
543 Posts
TheToolmaker said:
What kind of warranty do you guys get when you put on Mopars stages?
This can be up to your dealership. Some dealers leave warranties alone up to stage 2. Some are voiding for something as little as a CAI or Blow off valve. It depends. They are thinking if you are doing this to your car then you are automatically racing it and racing voids the warranty if caught.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts