Cobalts SS banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How did you remove the rear headrests? Any tools needed? I'd love to take mine out. They are way more bothersome than the wing.

·
Registered
382 Posts
no doubt--i was just thinking of that this morning.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xravenwingsx said:
no doubt--i was just thinking of that this morning.
Yea really. I mean I hear everyone complaining about how the SC wing blocks your view. But I put one on and it is no worse than the NA spoiler was. Even without a spoiiler you don't see much; the back end is too high.

But I think the headrests in the back really do drive me nuts. I feel like I always have to try to look around them. I don't think they pull right out. Maybe I'll go in the trunk and look around. No. Scratch that; the top of the seat doesn't fold down so it wouldn't be in there. Hmmmmmm.....

·
Registered
382 Posts
only thing i can think of is talk to the shop at your local chevy dealer and see if they have a book that says how to remove it :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
xravenwingsx said:
only thing i can think of is talk to the shop at your local chevy dealer and see if they have a book that says how to remove it :)
Heck, I work at a Chevy dealership. Maybe I'll just have them do it when I get the 6K oil change and tire rotation done.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
did anybody figure this out? after reading this, i thought about doing the same thing. let me know if anyone has figured ut the trick. i should just check it out. it can't be that hard.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It's very simple. Just pop the plastic cover (behind the headrest) off with your fingers, get a socket and loosen up the 2 bolts, slide the headrest off, tighten down the bolts again so they won't rattle, pop on the plastic cover.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts