Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this show i saw on tv took a stock cobalt ls and added the hahn racecraft turbo along w/ a stroker kit(new pistons, rods, etc.) and it put out around 240 hp. they also got the first catback for the cobalt from dc sports.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Shit a base CAVALIER with one of the higher staged Hahn kits would own not only a CSS (easily) but more than likely a stock SRT as well.... but how many of those are left on the road? Right?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Well the main thing to remember is they swapped internals as well to compensate for the new forced air inside the motor. So plan on facotring in some decent pocket change if you want to go all out and at the same time be reliable as possible.

·
Premium Member
8,648 Posts
Yeah but if you think about cash you also have to realize that you can get a used Eco Cavy for like $5-6K (around here anyways) only thing is findin one with a 5spd... too much trouble for not enough reward to look for one... And if I was gonna go that route then Id opt to buy a limited slip, which would tac on another thousand bucks or better prolly... Moddin anything can get very expensive....

·
Registered
234 Posts
FYI

At the track I go to some guy from Ill. has a CAVALIER that I think is a 04' with the 2.2 Eco motor, he put a Hahn turbo on it and at the last import war he was running [email protected] :eek: If he could hook up he should be running in the low 12's.

·
Registered
49 Posts
rip off the supercharger and go turbo, you can handle mucho boost and you'll own any of the above! this motor is SOLID.

tuning will be hell without full standalone though

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't forget compression has a big deal with it too. Chevy screwed up its last 2.4L with 9:5:1 compression ratio. Also the SS s/C is already built to handle boost

·
Registered
106 Posts
Twin charging would be cool as well but unless you plan on going over 18psi you might as well stick with the s/c its less maintenance and more reliable then a turbo

1 - 20 of 38 Posts