Cobalts SS banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I was driving home from Denver, CO to Salt Lake City and was doing great. Had the high beams on and then a car approaches. I then turn of the high beams only to find that only my right side headlight is illuminating. This was very bad since this was on US 6 between Price and Spanish Fork. This stretch of highway is known as one of the deadliest in the country. So, as soon as the car passes I quickly turn my high beams back on. Now I need to get a new bulb before I get a "fix-it ticket." Since the stock bulb is only used for the high beams and the lights came with their own low beams I was wondering if anybody new what bulb I needed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and please reserve the "get hid's" comments. That is planned for the future but I cannot afford it right now.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
hey buddy i think they are 9008's, but not sure. when you pull the light out, you can match it at any autoparts store. should be an easy fix.

·
Registered
382 Posts
that JUST happened to me the other day while I was moving, bro! I had them removed and had the stock lights put in (with Silverstar 9007ST/2 bulbs)...i had them in storage--oddly enough, a cricket crawled into the parking light compartment along with a packing peanut and the mechanic didn't think to check them before he called the job 'done' haha....i just took it back, the mechanic's boss yelled at him and made him remove it for free hehe...i wish i had a picture, it was hilarious!!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that JUST happened to me the other day while I was moving, bro! I had them removed and had the stock lights put in (with Silverstar 9007ST/2 bulbs)...i had them in storage--oddly enough, a cricket crawled into the parking light compartment along with a packing peanut and the mechanic didn't think to check them before he called the job 'done' haha....i just took it back, the mechanic's boss yelled at him and made him remove it for free hehe...i wish i had a picture, it was hilarious!!
What!? You're moving! Where? Hopefully you are staying in state. RME is growing out here. We need to get a meet done and I want/need you there. Check out the club forum. With you we will be at 4. Soon to be 5 or 6. Depends on the guys that we are talking to right now. The party is always more fun with more people.

As for your statement above. Were you referring to the cricket being in the stock headlight or the halo's? That is funny shit. Some mechanics are great, but it sounds like you have a total noob.

·
Registered
382 Posts
hehe it was stuck in the stock lights--i'm just moving a few blocks away in layton, MUCH bigger place. :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With the recent marriage and the baby on its way I can understand that. I'll need a bigger place once the wife gets pregnant too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts