Cobalts SS banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' SS stage 2. I got the Magnaflow 2.5 cat back, and a drop in K&N. Looking for a good header and downpipe. Vibrant ? CTI ? Also how bout pulley size from GM, can I go smaller with the Stage 2 program?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wouldnt go any lower than a 2.9 pulley, you need larger injectors for anything below a 2.85 and a different tune for the injectors, also you need some cooling mods, because your just hurting yourself if you go with a smaller pulley, blowing in too much heat, youll lose HP. Also definately do not go with the 2.7, you looking for problems and too much boost for A/F ratio, thinking maybe a blown motor and a voided warranty. Also if you still have warranty I would stick with all GM parts, they know best, they have a 2.9 pulley that goes with their stage 3, but you can just run the pulley, the PCM is usless unless you plan on running NOS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jbones, good info to know. I may try the stage 3 pulley then and decide on a header and dp. Maybe NOS next year. I wanna change my blade on the wing to carbon fiber yet. I put on some Konig wheels and Nitto Invos this spring. I get very little slip from those tires! They are quiet on the highway too.:D

·
Registered
32 Posts
a buddy of mine got the vibrant header/dp combo and the gmpp exhaust..its not that loud until he gets on it on ....so vibrant is ok, so is the zzp combo....either one is a good choice...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts