Cobalts SS banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am new to this site. i purchased my black on black ss/sc about 3 months ago. i got sick of going to the dealerships every month for 10 months looking for one so i opted to order one...big mistake. don't get me wrong, it handles tight and hauls ass, but i really think my car was built on a monday or a friday. when i received the car the windshield wipers and boost guage did not work. putting in a new fuse for them blew the computer. 2 weeks after i bought the car the computer blew and the dealership had the car for 3 weeks. i took it in another 2 weeks later bc it seemed less responsive than the day i drove it off the lot. they had it for 3 days and said they think they accidentally fixed something, but still didn't know what the problem was. it got so hot here in phoenix my shifter knob kept flying off and hitting the passenger headrest, even when the car is not being driven. finally, i was in a parking lot trying to back out and the entire shifter assembly CAME OFF. towed it back to the dealer and they had it for over a month, i just got it back 2 days ago. i have contacted general motors about their responsibility under arizona's lemon law, and i am being told my complaint is now being handled by GM's legal department. since i traded in a car with much negative equity, i don't want them to just "buy the car back"
has anyone else had any direct dealings with general motors?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
87camaroPA said:
Man that really sucks i hope they are going do what you want them to do.

And are you going to get another SS or just get a different car?

i was seriously looking at the grand prix v8 or supercharged, but those start much higher than the ss. my dealership manager has been working with me a little bit as far as dealing with gm, but the most they have "offered" was to make 3 payments for me...that's $1500. i told them i wanted more...4 payments and an extended warranty, or i'd contact an attorney. that's when it got turned over to gm legal, and i'm still waiting to hear back. :confused:

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
it got so hot here in phoenix my shifter knob kept flying off and hitting the passenger headrest, even when the car is not being driven.
Phonix doesn't have gravity or what???? The car will be parked and all of a sudden the shifter know comes off and flys at the passenger headrest???? I don't think you should be calling GM, you should call THE GHOSTBUSTERS or an exorcist.

Why do people not do any research on cars before they buy them???? :confused: This is why import cars still have a good rap and domestics are considered piles.

·
Registered
695 Posts
wasey13 said:
I don't think you should be calling GM, you should call THE GHOSTBUSTERS or an exorcist.
LMFAO!!! that is hilarious

(by the way.. sell them the car back and get a better one.. it seems to be wasting all the time at the dealer)

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
wasey13 said:
Why do people not do any research on cars before they buy them???? :confused: This is why import cars still have a good rap and domestics are considered piles.
he's the only one on here with these problems as far as i can tell. what would doing research have done to prevent this? no one else has these problems, he got a shitty built car period. i'm sure it happens with import automakers too.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wasey13 said:
Phonix doesn't have gravity or what???? The car will be parked and all of a sudden the shifter know comes off and flys at the passenger headrest???? I don't think you should be calling GM, you should call THE GHOSTBUSTERS or an exorcist.

It could be because there is a spring under the shift knob for the reverse lockout and in GM/Saab's infinate knowledge they decided to use verticle threads on it. In the heat, the knob pops off.

TSB for knob
Shift Control Knob Loose or Detached from Shift Control Lever (Secure Shift Control Knob with Adhesive and Fastener) #05-07-29-006 - (Sep 16, 2005)

Shift Control Knob Loose or Detached From Shift Control Lever (Secure Shift Control Knob with Adhesive and Fastener)
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

2004-2005 Saturn ION Red Line

with 5-Speed Manual Transaxle (RPO MU3)

We can't all be as mentally gifted as you Wasey. Thank god you're here to enlighten us with your vast knowledge, we'd be lost without you.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why do people not do any research on cars before they buy them???? This is why import cars still have a good rap and domestics are considered piles.

i researched this car for 10 months before i bought it, i knew all the specs on this thing 6 months before they went into production. unfortunately, they left off the part about them building a lemon just for me. i'm sure i could have found that part out beforehand had i just came online and asked you. boy, do i feel so stupid :)

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
iso said:
he's the only one on here with these problems as far as i can tell. what would doing research have done to prevent this? no one else has these problems, he got a shitty built car period. i'm sure it happens with import automakers too.
Actually all his problems have happened before.

dazedandfaggity said:
It could be because there is a spring under the shift knob for the reverse lockout and in GM/Saab's infinate knowledge they decided to use verticle threads on it. In the heat, the knob pops off.

TSB for knob
Shift Control Knob Loose or Detached from Shift Control Lever (Secure Shift Control Knob with Adhesive and Fastener) #05-07-29-006 - (Sep 16, 2005)

Shift Control Knob Loose or Detached From Shift Control Lever (Secure Shift Control Knob with Adhesive and Fastener)
2005 Chevrolet Cobalt SS Supercharged

2004-2005 Saturn ION Red Line

with 5-Speed Manual Transaxle (RPO MU3)

We can't all be as mentally gifted as you Wasey. Thank god you're here to enlighten us with your vast knowledge, we'd be lost without you.
Awww, don't mention it.

fleckenwhat said:
i researched this car for 10 months before i bought it, i knew all the specs on this thing 6 months before they went into production. unfortunately, they left off the part about them building a lemon just for me. i'm sure i could have found that part out beforehand had i just came online and asked you. boy, do i feel so stupid
Like what has been shown in this thread, you are not the only with those problems. Glad you knew all the specs a whole 6 months before, want a cookie?? Your car has not been at the dealer for more then 30 days for an unknown problem that can not be fixed (because of those TSBs) so it is not a lemon (http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/arizona.htm). Also yes you should have came on here and asked me, and the stupid thing is a common feeling after people get clowned by what I say. :) Just stop crying and enjoy your car.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wasey13 said:
Actually all his problems have happened before.

Awww, don't mention it.

Like what has been shown in this thread, you are not the only with those problems. Glad you knew all the specs a whole 6 months before, want a cookie?? Your car has not been at the dealer for more then 30 days for an unknown problem that can not be fixed (because of those TSBs) so it is not a lemon (http://www.yourlemonlawrights.com/state_laws/arizona.htm). Also yes you should have came on here and asked me, and the stupid thing is a common feeling after people get clowned by what I say. :) Just stop crying and enjoy your car.

ok wiseguy, even gm seems to have a better interpretation of the lemon law than you do. the bottom line is the dealership has had my car more than i have, and i've only owned it for 3 months. this last time has been for over 30 days, and by arizona law that's all that is required to constitute a lemon...for new cars.

also, i was wondering if there are any other ss/sc's on the road here in the phoenix area. i did see a silver one, but i highly suspect it was a clone, and i was too busy passing it to take a good look. that is the closest i've seen, so i'd like to know for sure.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here ya go wasey, in case you got distracted and forgot to read the whole thing :)

It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if either:

The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers during the shorter of the express warranty term or the period of two years or twenty-four thousand miles following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is earlier, but the nonconformity continues to exist.
or
The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days during the shorter of the express warranty term or the two year period or twenty-four thousand miles, whichever is earlier.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
here ya go wasey, in case you got distracted and forgot to read the whole thing :)

It is presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable express warranties if either:

The same nonconformity has been subject to repair four or more times by the manufacturer or its agents or authorized dealers during the shorter of the express warranty term or the period of two years or twenty-four thousand miles following the date of original delivery of the motor vehicle to the consumer, whichever is earlier, but the nonconformity continues to exist.
or
The motor vehicle is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of thirty or more calendar days during the shorter of the express warranty term or the two year period or twenty-four thousand miles, whichever is earlier.
You accuse me of not reading the whole thing?? Just keep reading. ;)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol...
wasey, are you just trying to be a pain in the ass, or can you show me what it is that i am missing? if you know something that i haven't read and gm doesn't already know prior to agreeing that my car meets the lemon law, please feel free to share your scholarly half with the rest of the class.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
dazednconfused75 said:
You're such a contributor here. This forum might actually be a place to exchange ideas without those like you. What do you care? You don't shit where you eat right?
What are you babbling about??? I have contributed quite a bit, arguably a lot more then you. So what I bust your guy's chops every once in a while??? I do that so you guys don't develop "I think my cars is the greatest ever" syndrome, also known as SRT-4ism. What did this guy's crying about buying a car with a lot of KNOWN problems and me teasing him about them have to do with me hindering the exchange of ideas???

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
fleckenwhat said:
lol...
wasey, are you just trying to be a pain in the ass, or can you show me what it is that i am missing? if you know something that i haven't read and gm doesn't already know prior to agreeing that my car meets the lemon law, please feel free to share your scholarly half with the rest of the class.
Most of the time :p . Seriously though, all those problems are common except the replacing of the computer, which might be something that your dealer just told you. My point though is that the rest of the problems are common and easy fixes(I would hope), I don't think it will be GMs responsibility to take care of the car just because your dealer took so long. Also to my understanding because there are TSBs for those problems, that the lemon law can not go into effect unless they(the problems) are reoccuring and/or unfixable not just because of the time limit.

Did you hear from someone at GM that they offered that 3-month payment thing? Or did someone at the dealership tell you someone at GM said that? My point being with this is that I don't see GM settling things in that matter and I am pretty sure the law says things can not transpire that way, but I could be wrong(it happens). Either way good luck with whatever happens. :)

**EDIT** Also to add that GM might be able to argue about the time limit because of this...B. The term of an express warranty, the two year period and the thirty day period are extended by any period of time during which repair services are not available to the consumer because of any war, invasion, strike, fire, flood or other natural disaster. Like I mentioned in another thread before and what has been said on TV several times those hurricanes have slowed down a lot of things, maybe parts were slow to get to the dealer because of that, you never know.

·
Registered
261 Posts
wasey13 said:
What are you babbling about??? I have contributed quite a bit, arguably a lot more then you. So what I bust your guy's chops every once in a while??? I do that so you guys don't develop "I think my cars is the greatest ever" syndrome, also known as SRT-4ism. What did this guy's crying about buying a car with a lot of KNOWN problems and me teasing him about them have to do with me hindering the exchange of ideas???

I guess that all depends on your definition of a contribution. We don't need you busting anyones chops in here for any reason especially to keep anyone humble. Who the hell are you to alter anyone's behavior? You spend a large amount of time here just to talk trash to make your own life seem less pathetic. I rarely contribute anything over here dispite me being here since January because of knuckleheads like you. There are other places to discuss the same platform that are much more condusive to the exchange of ideas without the presence of you and those like you.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts