Cobalts SS banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have everything but where to connect the remote wire..... i cant find a wire on the deck or coming off the Stock sub that works with run only and not power all the time....

·
Registered
57 Posts
go behind the radio with a wire tester(test light) and check them...it should be either blue or blue and white...if u can find anything run it straight to the fuse box...find something that is not a constant and hook it up there....and if ur really lazy u can juss run it to the rear speaker(positive of course) but that would be my last choice...that aint the right way to do it...if u need more help juss PM me

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
CobaltSSpeed said:
i have everything but where to connect the remote wire..... i cant find a wire on the deck or coming off the Stock sub that works with run only and not power all the time....
i ran my remote wire to the fuse box that's on the left of the passenger side... there's a second fuse box there, you just have to take the panel off and it gives a diagram of what controls what. all you need is a test light to find one that is not constant. if i was at home i could tell you what number fuse works, since i have mine hooked up like that... unfortunately i won't see my car til saturday.

·
Registered
43 Posts
iso said:
i ran my remote wire to the fuse box that's on the left of the passenger side... there's a second fuse box there, you just have to take the panel off and it gives a diagram of what controls what. all you need is a test light to find one that is not constant. if i was at home i could tell you what number fuse works, since i have mine hooked up like that... unfortunately i won't see my car til saturday.
I'm confused. Remote wire is for your power antenna, which Cobalt SS' don't have. Put a connecter butt on the end of it, crimp it on both ends and call it good. Unless you're talking about a different feature that isn't your remote wire? But that is what THE BLUE REMOTE wire for on your deck harness is for, power antenna.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Se7eN said:
I'm confused. Remote wire is for your power antenna, which Cobalt SS' don't have. Put a connecter butt on the end of it, crimp it on both ends and call it good. Unless you're talking about a different feature that isn't your remote wire? But that is what THE BLUE REMOTE wire for on your deck harness is for, power antenna.
or it controls your amp, turning on when the car is turned on and off when the car is off. when installing after market amps you have to run the remote wire either to the blue remote wire from the radio's harness or to a non constant fuse in the fuse block.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ran mine to the power outlet that turns off when the car turns off.. actually to a seperate item that I plug in there all the time, such as my radar detector or cell phone charger. That way not only does it turn off, but say your in the side streets in the middle of the night and don't want the sub blaring, just unplug it. Works awesome.
~skyscreamer

1 - 7 of 7 Posts