Cobalts SS banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i was wonderin if someone had instructions i could print out on lowering my car. i know it should be a simple operation but i rather be safe then sorry cause i dont know much of anything about american cars. so any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
what cars are you familar with? its really the same thing as any other suspension.... but if you are inexperienced its a very bad idea to try. there are some serious forces involved that could cripple you. you will also need a press for struts, to change the front springs.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
if you are, then it shouldnt be an issue. as long as you have a press to compress the strut and swap the front springs, i dont see why you would have an issue. once you get that done, its easy.

to sum it up-
the front: start by taking the two bolts on the bottom of the strut off. then take the three nuts under the hood on the strut tower off. remove the strut from the car, use the press and swap the spings. then do those steps above backwards.

the back: remove the bolts on the bottom of the rear shocks. pull the rear torsion bar down with one hand, take the springs out with the other. place new springs in the same exact way the stockers were removed. then push up on the torsion bar and reinstall the shock bolts. cut the rear bump stops to the instructions specs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aight, that helps alot. ima just have to guess where to cut the bump stops. the springs never came wit instructions...i got them from KSport

·
Registered
52 Posts
How much drop are your springs supposed to give you? Eibach sportlines drop LS/LT's about 2.5 inches and they come with directions for bumpstop cutting. People have posted that instruction sheet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it gives me 2.0" in the front and 2.5" in the rear....if the drop is the same do you know where i could get the instructions?

·
Registered
52 Posts
http://www.**/forums/showthread.php?t=53340&page=2

Bout half way down are the instructions for sportlines, which gives the same drop 2" in front 2.5" in the rear. The front bumpstop needs to be cut 30mm and the rear 13mm.

The forums wont let the link post. Insert the below where the ** are.
cobaltss . net

1 - 12 of 12 Posts