Cobalts SS banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im still lookin for a new car...i ordered a cobalt ss...but doesnt mean im for sure gunna buy it. im also lookin at this 2002 jetta vr6 it is fully loaded which is really nice....i love euro cars and there are so many aftermarket parts for it aready...idk what to buy other ups on the vr6 are i would get it for around
7 thou. and the SS will cost me about 20 thou. maybe less around 18 but im not sure and stick is so fun but i think it would get old after a while i still have 2 weeks b4 school starts so help me out

·
Registered
454 Posts
Cobalt! If you're going to school, get the new faster car, rather than the used slower car. If you have the money to mod it at school, which would be kinda odd, then it's a toss up. The Cobalt/Redline aftermarket still sucks. You're gonna have a new warranty on the Cobalt as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I used to own a volkswagen, and let me tell ya, after paying $60 to have the check engine light turned off (because it came on for shits and grins) for the 50,000th time you will want to take that car and drive it straight up the dealers ass. I've never owned a more bitchy, whiny car... no wonder they appeal to women :).

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'd def get the cobalt, unless the vw has a porsche engine j/k, but anyways I love my cobalt and if I had the chance for an SS I'd jump on the opportunity. I just couldn't pay insurance w/ a SS.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill be a senior in high school...im not goin to college yet...sry for the misunderstanding haha but anyways yea i love both of the cars and i just dont know if i can afford he insurance on he cobat...but since my fam owns a chevy dealer and i work there i think my dad would much more approove of the cobalt even though my grandpa has a benz and my grandma has a bimmer but im gunna see what kind of reaction i get at school cuz i wont get any with a v-dub...haha last time i drove an ss i ended up pickin up some chick she wanted a ride in it...thats a mad plus haha

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
IrepCLEVO said:
ill be a senior in high school...im not goin to college yet...sry for the misunderstanding haha but anyways yea i love both of the cars and i just dont know if i can afford he insurance on he cobat...but since my fam owns a chevy dealer and i work there i think my dad would much more approove of the cobalt even though my grandpa has a benz and my grandma has a bimmer but im gunna see what kind of reaction i get at school cuz i wont get any with a v-dub...haha last time i drove an ss i ended up pickin up some chick she wanted a ride in it...thats a mad plus haha
I have one suggestion... USED M3. :D Under 20k, low 13s qtr. mile, ITBs, german leather, panty dropper. :D ;) :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
fo 20k i doubt it will still have a warranty and the costs to repair that car are insane. better have a nice savings account if you want to buy the used m3

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Rocky said:
fo 20k i doubt it will still have a warranty and the costs to repair that car are insane. better have a nice savings account if you want to buy the used m3
Did you read his post? Yeah ok.

·
Registered
364 Posts
yea i did. all im saying is an m3 costs a lot to repair and for the same price he can have a warranty on an ss and plus he already said he can get the chicks with it

·
Registered
364 Posts
wasey13 said:
I have one suggestion... USED M3. :D Under 20k, low 13s qtr. mile, ITBs, german leather, panty dropper. :D ;) :)
only m3 i know about that will go low 13s stock is the new style E46 body. you will have to pay about 30-35k for one of those. what m3 are you talking about.the e36 will not do low 13s stock it would be lucky to break a 14.0

·
Registered
297 Posts
Man, if your family owns a Chevy Dealership, and you can get a NEW COBALT SC/SS dirt cheap................ DAMN!! Go for it, it is a kick in the pants car to drive that will never get old, and wait until the real upgrades start coming out :D

·
Registered
2,444 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
makes you wonder why they would sell a car for 18 when it should sell for close to twice that. thats kind of scary.

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Rocky said:
makes you wonder why they would sell a car for 18 when it should sell for close to twice that. thats kind of scary.
Its called depreciation and no more warranty. If I could afford the insurance and the keep up I would probably have one in my drive way. I actually perfer the Z3 M Coupe a lot more though, that is one of the biggest sleepers in the car world today.

·
Registered
261 Posts
By the time the warranty on the Cobalt's close to up you'll probably have more money and there will be an assload of mods for it. If you get the VW you'll have more cash right now to mod it and possibly blow it up or something with no warranty to even hope for.

·
Registered
364 Posts
wasey13 said:
Its called depreciation and no more warranty. If I could afford the insurance and the keep up I would probably have one in my drive way. I actually perfer the Z3 M Coupe a lot more though, that is one of the biggest sleepers in the car world today.

i agree about the m coupe. those things are so awesome and your right nobody really know how fast they actually are and how good they handle. i saw one a couple years ago with a full DINAN kit supercharged and everything

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Rocky said:
i agree about the m coupe. those things are so awesome and your right nobody really know how fast they actually are and how good they handle. i saw one a couple years ago with a full DINAN kit supercharged and everything
SHHHHHHHHHH!!! ;) :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
aright im gunna say this forum is closed and i also think im gunna get the cobalt...and also the m3 would be out of the question...i love em but id would def. get a c5 vette before that just because i could get it repaired for free and they are just as fast but dont handle as well but thanks for all your responses and when i get it ill have pics up for everyone to see and when we get the new z06 ill have to throw some pics up with both of the cars ;)
peace

1 - 20 of 28 Posts